Positioned as one of Australia's leading residential Development and Construction companies, having a reputation for excellence, we are seeking a Construction Cadet who will be trained and mentored internally and responsible for working within our Head Office
RESIDENTIAL EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
What we're looking for:
This role will best suit a team player with the ability to multi-task and work in a highly motivated environment.
The successful candidate will be someone who is flexible, adapts easily to change, has strong multitasking/time management abilities and can manage an unpredictable workload. Attention to detail and self motivation is essential.
This a fantastic chance to join a stable and secure company that values its people above all else.
Training will be provided and career growth opportunities will also be available for the right applicant.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applying for and management of permits
- Organising the Utilities across all jobs
- Communicating and negotiating with trades and suppliers
- Picking up on and actioning issues before, when and after they arise
- Regular Reporting and maintenance of records
- Preparation of works orders and purchase orders
- Preparation of subcontracts
- Taking minutes in meetings and following up on action items
- Dispute / issue resolution as required
- Ensure all work conforms to legislative and contractual OH&S requirements
- Working closely with supervisors and team
- Administration as required and updating spreadsheets
Key Selection Criteria
- Completed Building & Construction qualification will be highly regarded
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar residential role.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and earn the respect from the team
- Passion for safety & quality
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly computer literate including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A willingness to learn & start from the ground up in a fast moving organization and team
Must hold a current Australian drivers licence
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Do you have experience working on residential construction projects?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.