Servatus is an Australian owned Biopharmaceutical company at the forefront of drug development with live microbial biotherapeutics for the treatment of inflammatory and autoimmune conditions. The mission at Servatus is to develop innovative, effective and safe therapeutic options to improve the lives of people afflicted with ill-health, which is supported by an exceptionally experienced and dedicated team, state-of-the-art research facility and ongoing globally recognised collaborators.
Servatus Biopharmaceuticals is looking for an experienced or an early career bioprocess research assistant to add to the growing bioprocess team. Reporting to the Head of Production we are looking for a fearless personality to mainly be part of the production activities and development. The successful applicant will also be required to carry out general laboratory tasks, such as preparation of media and buffers, ordering and general laboratory housekeeping.
Key attributes and responsibilities of the role include:
- Theoretical and Practical knowledge of aseptic techniques
- Cell culture and/or bacterial fermentation
- Keen learner and “Can-do” attitude
- Very high attention to detail
- Flexible, as bio-production can require overtime/weekend work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power-point)
- Highly organised and diligent
- Permanent work rights in Australia
- Ability to work independently
Good to have skills but not mandatory:
- Industry experience in Bio-production upstream, downstream
- Pharmaceutical GMP experience highly regarded
- Liquid / solid formulation
- Analytical knowledge
- Spray drying
- Automation / Mechatronics / Electrical / Electronics
- IT savvy
The candidate will be joining a fast-growing company and will therefore need to be flexible with evolving and changing priorities in this exciting and innovative environment that Servatus is working in (www.servatus.com.au).
Applications to include a resume and MUST include a one-page maximum cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline to submit your application Friday 29th October 2021.
No recruitment agencies.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a research assistant?
- Have you completed a qualification in science?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.