Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Karratha Women's Refuge operates within the Western Australian Division of The Salvation Army (TSA). The Salvation Army Karratha Women's Refuge is a refuge that provides short term crisis accommodation for women with or without children who are escaping Family & Domestic Violence and or other crises. At any one time, the KWR accommodates up to 4 families of women with/out children.
We are seeking a values-driven and proactive Case Worker reporting to the Program Manager. You will responsible and accountable for the delivery to women and their accompanying children affected by domestic and family abuse and/ or experiencing homelessness. This position is permanent part-time, 21.5 hours per week located at Karratha Women's Refuge.
You will successfully
- Complete and provide phone assessment, intake, induction and orientation for new clients
- Complete intake paperwork and obtain informed consent
- Build rapport and establish effective relationships with clients to make them feel welcome and safe
- Assist with clients with immediate safety needs that may include mindfulness, de-escalation, hospital assistance and family support
- Provide family education, family violence education and parenting support
- Assist with exit planning and exit follow up as needed
- Respond to emergency situations during the on-call/recall periods
- Work with others and champion the delivery of high-quality refuge services and programs
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date client records and data
- Regularly maintain clean rooms and facilities minimising accidents and incidents
You will have
- Relevant tertiary degree with relevant experience or associate diploma with relevant experience; or lesser formal qualifications with substantial years of relevant experience
- Minimum 1-year experience in case management, experience in the family violence sector is advantageous
- Certificate IV Community Services or related field
- Current and valid Working with Children Check
- Current WA Drivers licence
- Current First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Willingness to undergo a National Police check
What we offer
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- People with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.