Blackbook.ai is one of Australia's most successful and progressive data and AI companies. Our use of AI to deliver on our client's pursuit of bottom line benefits has resulted in a company that can claim a 100% success rate in solution delivery. We have an agile approach to tackling problems. We understand that there isn't just one solution to every problem! Our unique approach to problem solving will see you working directly with our customers, capturing additional requirements and developing intuitive solutions while drawing on the vast knowledge of existing team members.
The Data Engineer or Analyst consulting role will see you working with multiple clients, projects and stakeholders. You will find yourself working with fellow experts in the DataOps, Digital, RPA and AI teams. With a management team that fosters diversity and individuality, your personal skills and experiences will add to the vibrant Blackbook fabric that is growing day by day.
Your responsibilities as a Data Engineer or Analyst are as follows:
- Work directly with clients as a Blackbook.ai consultant
- Gather requirements, design, build and test analytics solutions
- Assist in Design and build cloud platform architectures to support scalable analytics on Azure and AWS
- Design and build metadata driven data ingestion into data lakes and databases
- Design and build data models to support highly-scalable and cost-efficient data analysis
- Work with traditional BI and Modern Data Warehouse architectures
- Leverage the skill and knowledge of your peers, technical leads and management
- Apply best practices and be self-motivating to keep up with emerging technologies
To be considered for the position you must have a Bachelor degree in IT or similar, and be reasonably comfortable demonstrating your skills in the following areas:
- Professional presentation and communication skills: written and verbal, formal documentation, diagramming and modelling
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Using SQL for querying and transforming data
- Visualising data effectively using Power BI, Tableau or QlikSense
Highly regarded although not mandatory experience would include:
- Azure or AWS certification in Data Engineering or Architecture
- Azure Data Factory or Amazon Glue
- Snowflake, Synapse or Databricks
- PowerShell, Azure/AWS CLI, or TerraForm for managing cloud infrastructure
- Designing and building relational, star and snowflake models and schemas
- Designing and building Modern Data Warehouse architectures
- Fast, high-quality development in SQL Server or a similar relational database engine such as Oracle or PostgreSQL
Blackbook.ai can offer a fast paced and collaborative delivery environment with an emphasis on culture and teamwork, ensuring all projects are delivered with our high standards. We have a large team of dedicated consultants able to work alongside and guide you through your journey, and offer on the job training and development with access to multiple certifications.
If you are looking to grow with our business by combining your energy and enthusiasm with Blackbook's solutions, please send us your details.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of business intelligence (BI) best practices?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.