- Be part of a professional organisation that is committed to service and quality
- Collaborative Team Culture
- Fantastic working environments with great company benefits
About our business
With a history spanning 120 years, we are proud and passionate about the service and support we provide to our clients. As a leading, national medical indemnity insurer to the healthcare profession, we play a significant role in protecting and supporting our clients in their practice of medicine. MIGA provides insurance protection backed by a range of support services, which encompass insurance advice, risk management education, claims management and medico-legal support, advocacy and peer support. We are a dynamic, multifaceted business seeking a Client Services Officer with passion and drive to support the business.
Your new role
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong relationship‑building skills to join our growing organisation. Reporting to the Manager – Corporates and Intermediaries you will be part of a team that is responsible for:
- Handling membership and insurance enquiries, processing, new business quoting and renewals for individual doctors, brokers and key groups
- Providing back up and support to the Business Development staff in NSW and other states
- Attending and organising education and risk management events for doctors, key groups and students
- Assist with the group contact program to build strong relationships and maintain regular contact with all existing members in line with contact plan
- Handle enquiries relating to key groups that contact or are referred to the Sydney office
- Prepare appropriate correspondence in response to membership/ insurance issues and customise standard letters
- Update and maintain client and membership records and data base
- Respond to and deal with all issues associated with the annual renewal of membership/ insurance
- Provide support and attend student and intern orientation events to assist in sign up of new students and members at key times of the year
- Support special projects relating to group new business initiatives
Intrastate and interstate travel, some weekend and after hours is required to meet the needs of the role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good knowledge and understanding of general insurance products and the insurance market
- Worked in the general insurance industry
- Experience in working in a customer service role
What you’ll need to succeed:
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
- Hold and maintain Tier 2 education level as per ASIC PS 146 Licensing: Training of financial product advisors
- Accurate word processing and data entry skills
- Intermediate/ advanced computer literacy in a Windows environment
- Demonstrate a professional telephone technique and manner
- Commitment and passion for providing a high standard of customer service
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to manage work priorities, meet deadlines, follow instructions and achieve targets in accordance with Group requirements
- Committed to the promotion of a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency
- Maintain a confident and professional approach at all times
- Display a pleasant personality that portrays a positive personal corporate image
- Readiness to work within the Group’s internal and external values
- Adherence to MIGA’s Service Commitment
What MIGA offers:
- Be part of a professional and dynamic team and a growing organisation that is committed to service and quality
- Sydney CBD location in a modern office
- Reward & Recognition
- Salary package commensurate with role and experience
- Generous employee benefits, including above award Superannuation.
To apply please forward a resume and cover letter (no longer than two pages) which clearly addresses:
- The reason for your interest, and
- How your skills and experience suit the role
via the Apply button
For a confidential discussion and a copy of the Position Description, please contact Debbie Stillitano on 1800 777 156.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 25 October 2021.
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.