Animal Attendant - West Coast Pet Care Centre
West Coast Pet Care Centre is looking for energetic, animal lovers to join their team of like-minded, committed carers.
The successful applicant(s) will be trained up as Animal Attendant within the 3-month probation period.
You will be employed under an Enterprise Agreement with award wages and penalty rates paid for weekends and public holidays, above the minimum pay bracket.
Training will be provided, and we encourage all members of the team to constantly expand on their knowledge and training. All staff also have the opportunity to work their way up to senior or specialised roles within our organisation.
In your application please identify which role you would prefer to be considered for.
The Animal Attendant position involves:
- Cleaning and feeding of canine and feline holiday makers.
- Maintaining our holiday makers routines.
- Completing daily activities (hikes, playtimes, cuddletimes, treat sessions, etc).
- Medicating pets.
- Handling a large variety of dogs and cats.
- Working with speed and efficiency.
- Working under pressure.
- Putting the welfare of the animals in our care first.
- Basic grooming (bathing, brushouts, nail trimming)
- Transporting our holiday makers from veterinary clinics or client's homes to our facilities and back again.
- Some reception and customer service duties.
Animal attendants will perform shifts within the hours between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm which will vary in duration from 3 to 9.5 hours, with up to 38 hours per week.
Skills and experience we are after.
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Ability to work in a physically demanding job
- Basic knowledge of animals (primarily dogs & cats body language)
- Good time management
- Available school holidays and public holidays
- Available to work varying shifts between 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, 7 days a week.
- Experience in driving larger vehicles (i.e. transport vans or equivalent)
- Experience in or willingness to learn reception
- Team or shift leader experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience in running a shift
- Capable of prioritising any unplanned occurrences
- Able to delegate
- Able to assist other team members in or completing unassigned tasks
- Experience in performing disciplinary action in a respectful manner
- Understanding of duty of care to the pets within our care and to other team members
Application Close Date: 1/11/2021
Interviews: Will commence from 25/10/2021 .
We are a large pet hotel that requires animal attendants that are committed to providing quality care to our diverse range of holidaymakers. Established in 1994, we are proud to be a PIAA member boarding and training facility. We pride ourselves on being Perth's premium dog kennel and boarding facility, catering for pet owners who want more than just a kennel. We're more than a boarding kennel for cats and dogs, we're a full-service pet care centre.
Our services include:
- Dog & Cat boarding
- Doggy Day Care
- Overnight Pet Stays
- FIFO Pet Care
- Dog Training services (Board & Train, Personal Lessons and Group Classes)
Find out more about us here: https://www.west-coast.com.au/
- Bring your dog to work (outside of peak periods)
- Products at cost price with specific wholesalers
- Employee pets stay for free
- And more…
Further developmental opportunities available within the organisation for the right candidate:
- Shift Leader
- Pet Transporter
- Dog Trainer
- Social Media Promoter
- Pet Product Sales
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- What previous experiences have that you feel will help your Job Application?
- What is the postcode of the suburb or town you live in?
- When are you available to start?
- What days are you available to work?
- Do you have a manual drivers license?
- Please provide examples (professional or non-professional) to demonstrate your ability to work in a physically demanding job, reliability and time management.
- Please provide examples (professional or non-professional) to demonstrate your experience as a shift leader, running a shift, prioritizing, delegation, disciplinary action and assisting other team members.
- Please provide examples (professional or non-professional) to demonstrate your experience in customer service.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work school holidays?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.