The Pets Hotel (www.thepetshotel.com.au) is Melbourne's number one stop when it comes to the pet care industry.
We are a family owned and operated business who have been in the industry for over 25 years.
We take pet care and customer service very seriously and it's because of this commitment that we are held in such high regard.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated cleaners to join our team of pet care professionals.
Wages: Miscellaneous Award
Hours: variable hours between 7:00am – 6:30pm across a 7-day roster.
This includes being available on public holidays and school holiday times.
One of our key objectives is to provide the absolute highest level of care to all pets staying with us. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day to day cleaning and care for the pets staying at our facility.
The applicants for this position must have experience in kennels/cattery.
It is preferred, but not essential, for the applicant to have completed certificates in Animal Studies and/or Companion Animal Services.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Clean and sanitise suites, bowls and beds and report any equipment failure.
- Feed, water, medicate, bathe, exercise, play and otherwise care for domestic animals such as dogs, cats and from time-to-time birds, small rodents or reptiles.
- Observe and/or examine the pets in our care and their behaviour and report any illness or unusual events, and if necessary, take appropriate action.
- Maintain records of treatment, care and feeding of same animals.
- Monitor and supervise dogs in play areas, and take appropriate action when required.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients in a professional manner
- Be confident in answering enquiries, bookings, and feedback.
- In addition to the above, employees are required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required, e.g., answer telephones, attend to clients or pick-up and deliver pets, conduct any other duties in the reception area as required.
The successful applicant will require the following skills and attributes;
- Mature, Hardworking, Physically fit, Confident, and experienced in pet handling
- Have a high level of attention to detail to ensure our pets have clean space at all times.
- Work efficiently within our timeframes.
- Display initiative and empathy.
- Have an understanding and knowledge of pet behaviour and body language.
- The ability to work as part of a team with an enthusiastic positive approach.
- Be responsible and accountable with a strong work ethic
- Motivated and willing to adapt within a active and changing work environment
- Competency in administrative roles and general computer skills
- Exceptional customer service
- Is effective without direct management, yet welcomes some structure and supervision as needed
- Fully vaccinated by 26/11/21 as per state regulations
ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
To apply please see below instructions:
To ensure you have fully read the above please address your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, as follows:
ATTN Supervisors – (Your name here) Application for The Pets Hotel Kennel Hand. (Date of application)
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Kennel Hand?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work public holidays?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.