Saving lives is at the core of all that we do. If you are enthusiastic and motivated to be part of our mission to ‘Save Lives and Build Great Communities’ and want to join the fundraising team of an iconic organisation, we want to hear from you.
When West Aussies head out for a day at a patrolled beach, they see the iconic red and yellow uniforms of our volunteer surf lifesavers. These dedicated and highly trained lifesavers keep beachgoers safe between the flags and along our vast and beautiful coastline. The purpose of the fundraising team is to connect WA community members to the work of WA’s surf lifesavers and help support the training and equipment needed to save lives.
We are seeking an administration star for our fundraising team.
You’ll support and contribute to fundraising programs and events, provide essential high standard administrative support, and liaise with donors, supporters and stakeholders of Surf Life Saving Western Australia.
If you take pride in providing a positive experience for donors, are highly organized, a skilled administrative professional, enjoy taking care of the little details, and are excited to be part of a growing fundraising program – this position is for you.
Your duties will include:
- Assist with administration for fundraising programs and events
- Coordinate the administrative functions of the department
- Keep up-to date and accurate donor records, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the database
- Coordinate correspondence to donors
- Manage relationships with donors by providing first line support to donors via phone and email
- Provide additional support as required as programs grow
Skills you’ll need:
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Proficiency in general computing skills including Word, Excel, and CRM databases
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage priorities, meet deadlines and problem solve
- Experience in developing and implementing best practice administrative processes and procedures
- Demonstrated high-level organizational, project and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as in a team environment
- Ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality
Why work at SLSWA:
- Be part of an iconic organisation that saves lives.
- Work in a supportive and friendly environment.
- Salary packaging benefits are available.
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please click on the Apply for this job button to apply through Seek. Applications must include:
- A pdf of your cover letter which explains why you want to work for SLSWA, and what skills you will bring to this role.
- A pdf of your resume.
- Answer all Seek questions.
You must have the right to work permanently in Australia.
SLSWA is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to provide a National Police Check before commencing and be successful in receiving a Working with Children Check upon acceptance of a position.
For more information, view the full position description at http://mybeach.com.au/employment.
If you would like to discuss this position, please call Ellaine Hislop on 08 9207 6666.
Shortlisting will commence immediately, and a successful applicant may be appointed before the closing date.
Incomplete applications that do not address the selection criteria or answer the seek questions will not be accepted.
Applications close Tuesday 9 November 2021
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.