About the company
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organisations recognised by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
About the role
You have completed your University studies, had some experience within a commercial business and are now ready to jump into the big league. You love all things accounting.
Working within the Finance team this role is responsible for supporting the financial accounting activities of Grant Thornton Australia Limited and all related entities ensuring the provisions of accurate and timely internal accounting and finances services. Your understanding of the accounting function will ensure you are able to work effectively with team members and clients to answer queries relating to statutory compliance and general account queries.
A varied role you will get involved in a broad range of activities including:
- Providing key operational and strategic financial support to the business and wider finance team
- Monthly management reporting and annual statutory reporting
- BAS, FBT and company tax returns
- Bank reconciliations
- Improving internal controls
- Assisting with the preparation of year end income & FBT tax returns
- Preparation of monthly Business Activity Statements (BAS) for group companies and reconciliation of associated GL accounts.
- Ensure compliance with corporations law, national accounting standards and IFRS
- Compliance with local regulatory reporting requirements
- Trust Accounts (APES310)
Skills and experience
You’ll be agile, responsive and bring your knowledge of accounting for a variety of entities to the team. Your passion for understanding your clients businesses will see you addressing technical issues to ensure we are supporting our clients to achieve their growth goals. This role will suit someone with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Has completed / about to complete a your Accounting Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Technical accounting, taxation and reporting skills
- Well-developed MS Excel skills and an advanced working knowledge of accounting packages, including Great Plains
- Sound understanding of the AASB framework as well as Australian income tax, FBT and GST legislation
At Grant Thornton, we encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work. We recognise, appreciate and harness our people's individual skills and talents.
We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work options and family friendly work practices in maintaining a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce able to meet our current and future business needs.
- Attractive salary
- Free annual gym membership
- Regular social and wellbeing events
- Supporting your studies
How to apply
To apply, please click on the Apply Now button, complete our online application form and upload your CV.
If you experience any technical difficulties applying please contact the Grant Thornton People & Culture team on GTTalentScouts@au.gt.com
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.