Professional Dog Walker/Pack Carer (Inner-West Sydney) - Immediate Start
What makes a job the absolutely best job in the world - for you?
- Spending your day loving, patting, praising and caring for dogs?
- Thrive for the outdoors and getting plenty of exercise?
- Caring for your ‘clients’ like they’re members of your own family?
- Being known as one of the best ‘pet whisperers’ in all the land?
- Building strong customer and team relationships?
- And being well rewarded for it?
Yeah? Aroo – do we have something for you!...
Pawsome Pet Services (www.pawsome.com.au) is Sydney’s preferred boutique premier pet service provider. We create the best pet care experiences for busy Australian families. We genuinely love and care for our client’s pets like family.
We take the time to understand the needs of both clients and pets. Our success and strong reputation has been built from being subject matter experts in the field of pet care and by offering exceptional customer service and care to ensure a safe and happy environment for our clients pets; giving them the exercise, love and companionship they require to live long, healthy and happy lives.
What’s the gig?
Joining an expert team of dog walkers/trainers and pet carers, this is a truly rewarding part-time or regular casual position (required between 8:30am - 2pm Mon-Fri mornings with occasional pet sitting offered outside business hours). You’ll be providing professional dog walking and pet care services to our boutique clients; It’ll see you delivering exceptional customer service and embracing our core brand and team values:
- accountability and
- own change.
You’ll represent the Pawsome brand professionally and will be working autonomously as well as out on the field with the team, servicing Inner West Sydney. Pet sitting/minding is also on occasional offer outside of standard business hours.
A typical day/week?…
- Group and individual dog walking services, this includes driving to pick up and drop off dogs (securing dogs safely in your vehicle and not being easily distracted by their behaviour or noise whilst driving) and taking them to various dog friendly parks and beaches. You will be interacting (play), exercising and socialising groups of no more than 4 dogs at a time.
- Ensuring walks are fun and interesting and always ensuring safe handling and care of the dogs and people (public) at all times.
- Take Pawsome photos ‘on the job’ and provide feedback and updates to clients after each service on their pets’ adventures.
- Communicate any concerns or noticed changes in pet behavior, general health, training needs to clients.
- Facilitate and attend client consultations.
- Attend home pet visits and perform duties as required for this service, either weekdays and on occasional weekends.
- Possess practical dog obedience/training skills using positive reinforcement principles.
- Freely go the extra mile for our clients and their pet(s).
- Confidently initiate conversation with dog owners on location to develop new business opportunities and raise brand awareness - as you’re genuinely passionate and knowledgeable about animal welfare, this will be second nature to you.
- Participate at Pawsome events and activities outside normal business hours on the occasion.
Sounds pretty good right?
What you need to be Wolf pack leader in…
- Subject-matter-expertise in the field of dog behavior, handling and pet care.
- Enthusiasm, care and passion about the welfare of dogs (all sizes and breeds), cats and pets in general – it’s what drives you to becoming recognised as one of the best in the industry.
- You’re operate a high level of emotional intelligence and exceptional interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- A self-starter and able to motivate others through leadership/management practices.
- You are responsible, reliable, have initiative and flexibility.
- A friendly and calm individual, with a penchant for building solid and trustworthy relationships.
- Thrive in the outdoors with the mental and physical stamina to deal with the challenge of balancing dog walking, pet care, humans and driving in busy Sydney traffic daily in all weather conditions.
- Adaptability and able to make quick decisions in high pressure situations, show foresight and exhibit strong initiative and common sense as no day is ever the same.
- Proactivity, resourcefulness, a strategic thinker and solution-orientated and able to make quick decisions when the unexpected happens, and have foresight (you’re 2 steps ahead of the dogs).
- A can-do, positive attitude and be able to act out of confidence and common sense
- You understand logistics and patterns (find fastest driving routes between A and B pick up/drop off locations to reduce driving time) and an effective time manager
- You possess technically competent dog behavior and dog obedience training skills using force-free and positive reinforcement techniques.
- Professionalism and a high level of communication when dealing with clients and staff. Able to articulate yourself with ease and confidence.
The successful applicant will…
- have proven work experience (1+ years) as a Professional Dog Walker/Pet Carer with proven dog escalation prevention and handling skills.
- find 9-5 is not for you - you thrive for the outdoors, flexibility and can handle the unexpected and high pressure situations with tenacity and commonsense.
- be proficient in using technology, mobile devices and applications.
- have advanced organisational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- a qualification or currently studying in a Nationally recognised Animal Companion Cert, Dog Trainer, Vet Sciences or related study.
- be located to Inner West, Sydney as it is essential to be familiar with the area(s) you are servicing to reduce driving time – and be willing to travel accordingly to meet our clients’ needs.
- be a confident driver with a valid NSW drivers’ licence and access to a pet friendly and reliable vehicle.
- provide us with a recent National Police Check certificate.
Keen? If all of the above has got you wanting to chase a stick and you're confident that you're just the Wolf Pack leader we need - hit Apply Now.
It could be the most rewarding decision you've made in ages!
Competitive remuneration is on offer to the successful candidate (including a car allowance when the business vehicle is otherwise in use). You will also be supplied with everything needed for a safe and happy work environment. If you are interested in joining our friendly, professional team, please apply below and explain in your cover letter why you would be the Pawfect candidate - and please include your residential Post Code.
Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo a voluntary 2-3 hour field evaluation to allow us to assess your suitability for the role.
Pawsome Pet Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages all suitably skilled persons to apply for this role!
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Dog Walker?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How many years' experience do you have as a C Class Driver?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.