Astleigh Consulting Engineers is an innovative and fast-growing structural consulting firm, based in Templestowe, Melbourne. We are focussed on using innovative and environmentally sustainable building products including Structural Insulated Panels, Glulam and Cross-laminated Timber for architectural residential and commercial projects. Our clients include award winning Australian architects. We also work on forensic engineering to investigate causes of damage to structures.
We are looking for a graduate / junior engineer who is proficient in AutoCAD and Excel. The focus of the role is to work with senior engineers in preparing computations and drawings for our design projects, or fulfilling site visits and preparing reports to investigate causes of damage to structures.
As a work experience, we focus on maximising your learning opportunities through direct engagement with our clients and responsibility for project delivery to budget and timelines.
Flexible work arrangements (work from home) can be agreed.
You will need to demonstrate the following skills to be successful in the role:
- A structural or civil engineering degree
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to develop 3D and isometric models of structures in AutoCAD
- Experience and knowledge of the Australian building code
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative when required
- Able to work to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Revit or Sketchup beneficial, but not essential
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.