Brand General Manager
- Entrepreneurial mid-market retailer
- Growth strategy
- Generous remuneration package inc. super, STI & LTI
We are a customer-centric retail organisation with revenue approaching over $800m. Focused on exceeding customer expectations, we have developed multiple category leadership positions and as such, we are looking to appoint a highly capable Brand General Manager to join our senior leadership team to help drive the business to the next level. We are expanding rapidly in the online space to capture additional market penetration & scale.
As the Brand General Manager, you will be in charge of a business unit with over $75m in revenue and over 500 team to create an environment of outstanding customer service. You will drive sales and profit through execution of an overall store & digital strategy, including leading & engaging the team and delivering on operational excellence standards. This hands-on position will promote the company’s culture, values, and mission while fostering a proactive working environment that encourages accountability, respect and teamwork.
Additional areas of responsibility include:
- Online Sales – leading the e-commerce team to ensure execution of the brand’s online strategy and undertake marketing & promotional strategies to drive sales both in-store and online
- Sales – reviewing targeted sales and expense tools to quickly identify and prioritise areas of opportunity, and setting team direction to maximize sales and deliver profitability targets.
- Product – manage the end-to-end product lifecycle through design, purchase, import, planning, sales & clearance
- Strategy – develop and execute regular strategic projects to ensure continued sales growth
- Customer Service – holding the team accountable for outstanding customer service, engaging associates and customers to facilitate an enriching customer experience.
- Team Development – actively coach in the moment to enhance each manager’s ability to execute, as well as develop their own teams
- Team Recognition & Motivation – proactively identifying effective ways to recognise associates that achieve superior performance and motivate them to deliver on the company strategy.
- Performance Standards – consistently meet performance standards, including but not limited to product sales, customer service, profit and productivity.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in a fast-paced customer-centric retail business model, and getting into the detail. You will have delivered growth in a business with a national footprint operating in tandem with established online channels. You will be able to execute a strategic plan that identifies objectives and provides clear expectations and shares the rationale behind decisions.
You have a track record in developing talent through building a diverse and high performing team. You will also demonstrate accessibility to be an approachable and unguarded leader that shares honest & constructive feedback with the team. Further, you must be adaptable to changing environments & new ways of doing things, and be able to consistently achieve goals despite ambiguity. Finally, you will be able to positively influence at all levels in the organisation and possess a strong leadership presence.
For more information on how this role aligns with your next career move, apply online below with a Cover Letter & CV.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.