About the Business
United Abilities assists children and adults living with disabilities to reach their full potential. United Abilities works closely with clients to support them in their daily activities, and encourages them to live an active and positive lifestyle.
The number of individuals choosing United Abilities as their provider of choice is growing more and more each day – this is why we need you to join our team!
About the Role
The Bookings Officer role is responsible for coordinating, liaising and confirming support shifts as well as a number of administrative duties which impacts greatly on the effectiveness of the business. This role will heavily involve communication with clients, their families and support coordinators etc. You will be in charge of answering incoming calls from clients and their families, confirming client shifts daily/weekly, liaising with clients and their families and assisting the administrative team with other tasks as required. The Bookings Officer role will work closely with our Disability Services Manager and Disability Services Officer.
We are looking for a Bookings Officer who is a very confident communicator and has a welcoming, professional phone manner.
The duties of the role are as follows:
- Answer incoming calls and making phone calls in a timely, professional and warm manner;
- Communicate with clients, their families regarding upcoming shifts, shift changes, group activities etc via their preferred method of communication (phone call, text or email);
- Manage telephone enquiries, directing the caller to the appropriate team member and/or taking and relaying accurate messages;
- Escalate any incidents/complaints as required;
- Collect and record client feedback;
- Assist the team in managing shifts;
- Create/update client profiles as required;
- Liaise with the team when booking clients;
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with colleagues, our clients/clients families and visitors;
- Utilise Google Drive (and other web based applications) to prepare small projects/spreadsheets/documents as required;
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including WHS
Benefits and Perks
- Possibility of working from home for the right candidate once trained and confident.
- Company phone and laptop.
15hrs per week (minimum) during training period (at least 4 weeks), developing into a full time role 38hrs-40hrs per week for the right candidate once trained and confident. The role is Monday to Friday with the possibility of working a few additional hours Saturday morning.
- Do you have experience working in the disability services sector?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in administration?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.