As a Credit Management Officer at bcu, you will use your exceptional customer service skills to proactively contact members predominantly by telephone to discuss repayment of arrears on loan accounts and any over-limit or overdrawn amounts on transactional accounts or line of credits. You will be responsible for all collection activity and minimising losses across all product lines across both the bcu and P&N Brands.
This may include negotiating appropriate solutions with our members, and entering into repayment arrangements to enable repayment of arrears over a short term extended periods, identifying financial hardship and discussing alternate options to facilitate full repayment of arrears.
We’re bcu. We’re proudly based in NSW and QLD, and are part of the one of the largest customer-owned banking Groups in Australia. Driven by our long held belief in the value of mutuality, we strive to achieve success on behalf of our customers, our communities and each other with passion, energy and commitment.
bcu began in the banana growing area of New South Wales fifty years ago and has grown in size with a footprint that now delivers contemporary banking services from the Sunshine coast in Queensland to Port Macquarie in NSW.
With regional offices in Coffs Harbour and Brisbane, we provide a genuine banking alternative to those who seek competitive and convenient retail and business banking services, convenient digital and mobile banking, outstanding customer experiences and a community spirit that lives in the regions where we operate. In fact, our very purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers and their communities.
bcu customers interact with our dedicated teams through our 22 branches, our local Contact Centre, modern digital banking channels and bcu’s mobile retail and business banking lenders who are active in the communities in which they work.
We stand for empowering our people and customers and value innovation, agility and the ability to develop strong relationships. Our workplace is collaborative and engaging where our people can learn, develop and thrive.
We’ve recently embarked on an exciting and significant digital transformation to build a bank of the future for our current and future customers. And, we’re on the lookout for more talented people to join our team.
With significant employee benefits such as paid parental leave, purchase leave, employee education scheme and leadership and professional development, this role might be for you…..
You will be responsible for…
- Managing and prioritising individual assigned credit management queues and centralised phone lines and email mailboxes to ensure that member contact is completed within the expected time frames
- Negotiating suitable repayment options with members who have loan arrears or overdrawn accounts and ensure that they have an understanding of how and when repayments are due.
- Liaising with various internal, external and 3rd party Stakeholders on tasks such as outsourcing accounts to mercantile agents and managing the activity and success of the mercantile agents.
- Managing various member transactional requests including completion of Direct Debit authority, setting up auto transfers, performing once off funds transfers between accounts, processing write offs, raising fees and fee refunds.
- Prepare, validate and issue various documents and letters relating to the repayment arrangement or account referral.
- Providing on the job training and assistance to colleagues as required.
- Having a thorough understanding of risk and compliance and reporting and the consequences of not complying with the processes, procedures, codes and legislation and acts relevant to your area of the business.
To be successful in this role you will have…
- Previous experience within a collections role within a Financial institution (preferred)
- Previous telephone or contact centre experience (preferred)
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Strong customer service experience and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management and ability to problem solve
- The ability to negotiate solutions to minimise loss and assist members
- Empathy, patience and understanding
- A Risk culture mindset
- An understanding and awareness of regulatory Debt Collection Guidelines relating to member contact and other collection activity
If this position appeals to you, and you believe you will be able to make a positive contribution to bcu we would love to hear from you! Please submit your current Resume and a Covering letter by Close of Business Friday, 5th November 2021.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
The successful candidate will be required to submit to and pass an assessment deeming them fit to work within the finance industry. (Please read our Privacy Notification located on the bcu website www.bcu.com.au
Please note that shortlisting and screening may start prior to the close date.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Credit Management Officer?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in the financial services industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.