Huon Aquaculture Group Ltd. produces around 25,000 tonnes of fresh Atlantic salmon and ocean trout annually and is recognised globally as being a premium producer of fresh and smoked salmon products. For more information, visit www.huonaqua.com.au
Reporting directly to the Marine Environment Manager, the Wildlife Officer is responsible for providing tactical advice and working in conjunction with our Zone Managers to coordinate wildlife mitigation activities. This position will be required to implement wildlife related training and education for Marine Operations and provide advice and assistance in the development of infrastructure and strategies to manage and reduce wildlife interaction between employees and stock.
It is an inherent requirement of this position that work be performed safely whilst upholding Huon’s Values. The appointed person must be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with other employees, managers and contractors and act as a role model for other Huon Employees.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Successful applicants will have:
- Valid Coxswains essential
- Current and Valid Driver’s Licence
- Firearms licence with category A & B (or the ability to obtain)
- Valid Seal Deterrent Device Permits (sedation and crackers) – or the ability to obtain
- Experience in a similar position beneficial
- Well-developed communication skills
- The ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems;
- Knowledge of Australian Work Health and Safety regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision and in a small crew
- Be able to work a rolling 4 days on, 4 days off
It is an inherent requirement of this position that work be performed safely whilst upholding Huon’s Values. The appointed person must be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders. Knowledge of work health and safety regulations is preferred.
Huon Aquaculture is an ‘Employer of Choice’ and innovative industry leader who offers all our employees access to ongoing training opportunities, corporate health insurance benefits and discounts on Huon products. Remuneration for this role is dependent on knowledge and/or experience.
Applications close Monday 25th October, 2021
Preferred candidates are subject to a pre-employment medical, dive medical and urine based drug test.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.