- 2 Permanent, full-time position available
- Be part of an exciting team that provides high quality service and positive outcomes to customers
- Opportunity to work across a variety of Council's service centre locations.
Cumberland City Council, proclaimed in May 2016, is situated 20km west of Sydney and covers 72 square kilometres. Cumberland has a population of 240,000 residents, making it the fourth most populous Local Government Area in Greater Sydney. Cumberland boasts one of the most diverse communities in Australia with people from many different backgrounds and cultures living alongside one another.
Council’s long-term Community Strategic Plan focuses on a commitment to social and cultural cohesion, the local economy, our natural and built environments and local leadership. As a member of our organisation, you will have an opportunity to drive community outcomes, programs and services and be part of a Council focused on being innovative, inspiring and delivering change.
Cumberland City Council adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people. Council has worked hard to fulfil its community’s vision for Cumberland as a place where anyone can feel welcome, belong and succeed.About the Opportunity
The Customer Contact Officer is responsible for providing high quality, efficient and positive end to end experience outcome for both internal and external stakeholders. This role will contribute to a customer experience orientated culture with the team through providing excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
The successful applicant will require:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated extensive related experience
- Eligible as a Justice of the Peace
- Ability to perform all functions across multiple work sites, including but not limited to, Auburn and Merrylands Service Centre and Berala and Wentworthville Community Centre
- Proven experience in the delivery of excellent customer service and in exceeding customer expectations across a variety of contact channels, including phone and front counter and remote sites
- Proven written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the preparation of regular reports, submissions and correspondence
- Experience with the handling of general technical or more complex enquiries including Development Assessment, rates and developing and upskilling staff to handle as appropriate
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict and negotiate solutions
- Extensive experience in processing applications and requests for service, production of certificates and cashiering including end of day reconciliation and processing
- Flexibility to work as part of a roster to both lead staff and carry out duties on the counter, call centre, electronic customer service and administration
- Ability to monitor work volumes, report new or emerging issues or trends and recommend changes
- Demonstrated experience in administering a Customer Relationship Management System
- Demonstrated experience in implementing new customer service initiatives and service improvements to enhance the end user customer experience.
Council is committed to providing an accessible, safe and inclusive workplace for all. If you require additional support or any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know during the application process.
Cumberland City Council adheres to the guidelines and advice outlined by NSW Health in relation to COVID-19 related legislation, and will be collecting and screening vaccination information for future employees as required.
Download the position description here for more information.
Salary: Employment is in accordance with the NSW Local Government (State) Award. This position is placed in Grade 8 of the Cumberland Salary Structure with a salary range of $1,211.45 to $1,393.17 per week, plus superannuation.
The commencement salary will depend upon the successful applicant's qualifications, experience and competencies.
Conditions of Employment: These are permanent full-time positions, working a 35 hour week, with access to Council's 9 day fortnight Rostered Day Off (RDO) arrangement. These position will be located at Council's Customer Service Centre locations around the Cumberland Local Government Area.
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position.
- Leave entitlements, including annual, personal and parental leave (where applicable)
- Access to Council's Educational Assistance Program and professional development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to Council's Fitness Passport program and pools.
Enquiries: Telephone Yesim Ibrahim on 8757 9300 for further information.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 27 October 2021
HOW TO APPLY
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. On the following page you'll be asked to attach your resume and any relevant qualifications (if required) to complete your application. Make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply as your application cannot be submitted until completed. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.