About the business
As one of Australia's leading insurance brokers, we work closely with our large national and multi-national clients to provide innovative and cost effective methods of protecting their operations and assets. We recruit staff regarded as specialists in their field, to ensure we have the capability to provide a depth and breadth of knowledge to our clients in all industry segments and across all classes of insurance. Within the general insurance market, PSC Insurance Group look after the needs of its clients through:
• insurance broking advice and placement of risk;
• an Authorised Representative network to service a wide range of business throughout Australia and New Zealand;
• reinsurance broking capabilities for insurance carriers;
• underwriting agencies specialising in niche markets and risks; and
• wholesale insurance broking through London Wholesale and Lloyd's markets.
• claims handling capabilities Australia-Wide The PSC Insurance Group focuses on servicing the detailed insurance needs of SMEs.
Our clients are the focus of everything we do, from providing exceptional client service to offering innovative and value added advice and products.
About the role
A new position has become available for a Administration Assistant to join our office based in Canberra.
Your primary role will be to support brokers in a team environment with administration & data entry tasks. As your skills develop within the role, your responsibilities and scope within the business will also grow.
All training will be provided and, if of interest, an ongoing development plan will be implemented to expedite your progression in both our Canberra branch and more broadly across the PSC Group.
This role would be suitable for applicants with varying levels of experience; from entry level/minimal experience candidates looking to develop, to experienced operators looking for their next challenge or a new environment.
Applicants with a general insurance/underwriting background or who are willing to relocate to Canberra are also welcome to apply and would be considered.
- Administrative Support - Using your initiative and attention to detail to provide administrative support to broking staff in a team environment.
- Planning & Organising / Task & Workflow Management - Being aware of and adhering to deadlines as required.
- Customer Service - Maintain a high level of customer service at all times;
- Team Player - Be a team player and work cooperatively within the business.
Benefits and perks
- Join a proactive, fast-growing organisation with interests across multiple insurance disciplines;
- Structured training & mentoring as required to allow you to develop your skills across a broad range of commercial insurance products & industries.
- Great path for career development, we promote within across Australia & abroad.
Skills and experience
- Experience in an office administration environment including task & workflow management.
- Ability to service customers effectively and maintain strong relationships;
- Team player and ability work well within a team;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word and Excel.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in administration?
- How many years of insurance broking experience do you have?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.