Are you looking to start your career in the Entertainment industry? Mackay Regional Council is seeking to appoint a full-time Performing Arts Support Services Trainee. This exciting opportunity/ is based at our Mackay Entertainment and Convention Centre.
Kickstart your career as a Performing Arts Support Services Trainee with Mackay Regional Council today!
The purpose of this position is to complete a formal qualification and acquire skills, experience and knowledge via on the job training to support successful completion of a qualification.
Throughout your 12-month Traineeship, you will learn and develop skills to become a qualified tradesperson. As a Performing Arts Support Services Trainee, you will work alongside the MECC & Events team to support and assist in the delivery of its operational plans.
Employment is offered on a maximum-term full-time basis for the duration of the traineeship (up to 12 months)
We are looking for someone who is:
- Keen to learn, enthusiastic and outcome focused
- Passionate about the entertainment & performing arts industry
- Able to work as part of a team and show initiative
- Reliable, punctual and displays excellent work ethic
- An active problem-solver and possesses good verbal communication skills
- Able to actively contribute to Council’s Values: Employee Health & Safety, Client satisfaction, Respect, Teamwork and Accountability.
Why work for Mackay Regional Council?
- Mackay Regional Council boasts its high-quality training philosophy and is now a two-time winner of the Central Queensland ‘Large Employer of the Year’ at the Queensland Training Awards.
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading (pro-rata)***
- flexible working arrangements
- 10% superannuation contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Active social clubs
- Membership to the Mackay Regional Council Rewards Gateway Program (discounted movie tickets, shopping vouchers, childcare, health insurance and more)
- Learning and development opportunities
Before applying, please review the Position Description and Frequently Asked Questions Fact Sheet which can be found by clicking the 'Download Attachments' on the right-hand side of the screen.
To apply, please submit an up to date resume with a cover letter. Your cover letter should respond to the following:
- Specify which opportunity you are applying for & why you are interested in the role
- Tell us what attributes you will bring to Mackay Regional Council & how this traineeship will assist you in reaching your career goals
- Explain how your values align with those of MRC (Employee Health & Safety, Client Satisfaction, Respect, Teamwork & Accountability).
Closing date: 1 November 2021
Contact: Recruitment Team, Ph 1300 MACKAY (1300 622 529)
To learn more about careers at MRC or our Apprentice & Trainee Program, visit https://www.mackay.qld.gov.au/about_council/careers
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.