BVAQ are a leading analytical partner to the Food Industry for over 60 years, supporting businesses with the widest range of analytical services and expertise within one organisation. The team at BVAQ have developed robust quality systems, invested in comprehensive equipment, assets and services to ensure that our facility is a world class operation.
About the role:
We are seeking to appoint multiple Chemistry Analyst III casual staff who will be directly responsible for conducting a wide range of routine, specialised and complex tests where atypical samples may be involved and the instrumentation has a wide range of operating variables. They have thorough understanding of the tests, underpinning scientific principles, systems and procedures to facilitate problem solving and troubleshooting. They multitask and may authorise the release of test results.
- Carry out variable tests according to SOPs and methods, processing and checking results
- Assisting with routine calibration and maintenance of instruments
- Ability to prioritise work in order to meet daily deadlines
- Interpreting test results and performing calculations
- Understanding and applying the principles of the measurement of uncertainty
- Applying the quality system and continuous improvement processes
- Training staff
- Maintaining workplace safety
Plus any other duties as required, as matched to your competence and ability to perform.
- Tertiary qualification in Chemistry or related discipline
- Familiar with general equipment’s in the lab such as pH meter, analytical balance, UV spectrometer etc.
- Understanding the principles of Chemistry and Instrumentation, capable of basic troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to conduct complex sample preparation
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Capacity to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrable knowledge of OHS requirements within a laboratory
- Strong customer focus
- Team building and leadership attributes
Desirable but not essential:
- Familiarity with LIMS
- Experience in a commercial laboratory
- Experience using ICP/HPLC/GC
Apply now with a resume and cover letter indicating your suitability against the requirements of the role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.