The Western Force is a professional rugby team based in Western Australia competing in the elite Super Rugby AU and Super Rugby Trans-Tasman competitions.
As an organisation, the Force has a short but proud history, having been formed in 2004 and making its Super Rugby debut in 2006 against the ACT Brumbies at their original home at Subiaco Oval. Western Australia’s rugby community is built on passion, determination, and a never-said-die attitude that has provided inspiration in the face of adversity.
With the club making its first Super Rugby finals appearance in 2021 and announcing the re-structure of its own dedicated Academy Program, the future is bright as the Force continues to go from strength to strength.
Backed by Tattarang, we are ready to rebuild to be bigger and better along with our passionate local community of over 6000 members.
About the role
Given the club’s history, the quality of its rugby pedigree, the passion of its fans, and the weight of its community, the Force is ready and well-prepared to tackle whatever challenges and opportunities lie ahead, and we need YOUR help to capture it!
The Content Creator is responsible for being the creative director and the media deliverables pertaining to imagery and video. Creating and curating content across a broad range of social channels to both the organization and key stakeholders. This role visually documents past, present, and future events and develops digital assets to communicate with all parties of interest. In addition to:
- Capture and edit content for all Western Force digital platforms
- Assist with the management of the digital editorial of all on-line video content
- Work closely with other departments to provide production and digital editing when required
- Support the Communications team to ensure the club’s digital strategies and targets are met
- Assist in the production of content from matches involving the Fortescue Academy and SuperW teams
- Format edited content for social media channels and other platforms
- Ensure the department’s video cataloguing/labelling system is kept up to date throughout the season
- Calibrate and maintain camera equipment storage and operation.
- Develop long-term content strategy plan for execution throughout the playing season.
You will be a highly creative, hands-on, and energetic team-player who is proficient with video editing software.
You love your sport, in particular the game of Rugby Union.
From a technical perspective, you will have experience across:
- Adobe Premiere Pro / Adobe After Effects / Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator / Adobe Lightroom (desirable)
- DSLR Filming Experience (Panasonic GH5 & GoPro) / Lavalier Microphone recording
Shooting and editing film content is your passion, and you have been in this space for a minimum of 5 years and have a formal education in either TV, Production, Film, Fine Arts or similar.
With a huge range of creative opportunities, this role is perfect for someone proactive and driven to create excellent work.
Are you prepared to be challenged and stretched in ways you have never considered?
Are you ready to embrace and care for your workmates like family?
Are you really up for the challenge?
If this sounds like you, then keep reading!
Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are up for the challenge!
Tattarang and Minderoo Foundation embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.