About the position
Narromine Shire Council are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced applicant for the Ranger position.
The objective of this position is to administer and enforce the requirements of relevant Acts, Regulations and local laws relating to Animal Control within the Narromine Shire Local Government Area (LGA), as well as to monitor the built and natural environment for any breaches of Council’s policies and relevant legislation, and take appropriate enforcement action.
To promote and maintain a positive image of Council to the community.
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Certificate IV in Local Government (Regulatory Services) or equivalent.
- Class C NSW Driver’s Licence.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including report writing.
- Computer skills, including use of online databases and Microsoft Office.
- Capable and confident in handling dogs, cats, horses, cattle and other livestock.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Penalty Infringement Notice training (PINs)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Traffic Controllers Blue Card (Stop/Slow)
- Microchipping Implementation Certificate
- Chemical Handling Certificate
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Ranger Services or similar field
- Sound working knowledge of the Local Government Act, Companion Animals Act, Impounding Act and the Protection of the Environment Operations Act.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management, Workplace Health and Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity Legislation.
The details relating to this position are:
- The position is graded 11 within Council's salary structure
- The salary range is from $65,859 - $74,513 per annum plus superannuation. The salary step is determined by an annual competency assessment.
- 38 hour working week applies. NSC has a RDO system whereby every second Monday is a rostered day off.
- This position is required to be on an on-call roster - allowances apply
- Employment conditions are as per the Local Government (State) Award
- Narromine Shire Council promotes the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment
- Narromine Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and promotes diversity and inclusion across our shire. People with a disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Only applications submitted through the Council website will be considered. www.narromine.nsw.gov.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.