*THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION FROM OCTOBER 2020 TO FEBRUARY 2021*
(Your tasks may include some or all of the below)
Works with cashiers by helping load member merchandise on the conveyor belt, packing member orders into boxes, and transferring member
orders to a separate cart or flatbed after they have been scanned or keyed. Runs for item s as needed. Performs Front End opening and
closing tasks; places returned or moved product back to their allotted spots in the warehouse, collects register paperwork, stocks registers,
cleans the Front End area, and retrieves carts . Follows proper safety procedures and standards. Maintains courteous member service at all
times while monitoring a smooth flow of members through the registers.
Stocks and straightens merchandise for sale in the warehouse. Constructs, assembles, and modifies display models. Clears and cleans aisles of
empty pallets and debris. Ensures merchandise is marked with a merchandise number and has appropriate signs . Provides prompt and
courteous customer service to members, employees, and suppliers. Follows proper safety procedures and standards.
And other duties as required in other areas of the warehouse.
- Greets members, helps members load merchandise on the conveyor belt, asks member packing preferences, answers questions,
relays information on special promotions, and thanks members.
- Transfers items not on the belt to a separate cart or flatbed as cashier scans items, placing barcodes up for the cashier when possible.
Assists with getting supervisor verification for high-ticket, Bottom Of Basket, or non-transfer items. Packs member orders into boxes and
loads them on a separate cart or flatbed. Checks packaging for and reports tampering. Assists members with loading orders into car when
- Retrieves items such as boxes, register supplies, and merchandise requested by members to keep lines moving smoothly.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the register and general Front End area. Reports and cleans spills and trip hazards immediately.
- When needed, retrieves carts and flatbeds from the parking area using a rope with clasping hook, pushing no more than 10 carts at once. Keep front of building swept and clean.
- Follows proper Front End, Merchandising and general safety procedures and standards.
- Follows merchandising standards and practices. Communicates with supervisors and managers to determine merchandising plan and priorities.
Writes list of merchandise to be brought from steel, by forklift driver, for stocking.
- Aligns merchandise, collects and returns stray items, and stocks to maintain high merchandise levels.
- Cuts boxes for display/accessibility of merchandise and cuts twine or shrink-wrap from pallet. Marks merchandise number on unmarked items.
- Stocks opened cases onto shelves. Moves and positions pallets of merchandise. Stacks merchandise from partial pallets onto full pallets.
Wraps/ties and tags pallets to be returned to steel. Checks for correct merchandise signs.
- Constructs and assembles display models as necessary. Modifies displays for safe handling by members, e.g., bolting heavy equipment,
taping blade edges.
- Pulls loose cardboard and slip-sheets from floor. Clears the sales floor of debris and sweeps. Removes empty pallets from the sales floor.
Operates cardboard baler and trash compactor. Rewraps loose merchandise.
- Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service to members, employees, and suppliers. Helps members to load large items into their cart,
directs members to merchandise, and relates merchandise status knowledge.
- Communication - Articulates information in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and vendors. Actively listens to fellow employees, members, and managers.
- Member Service - Exhibits a professional demeanour toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees and vendors in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Ability to identify problems, find solutions, and make sound decisions that reflect Costco's Code of Ethics.
- Self-Motivated - Well-organised and able to prioritise, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently with minimal supervision. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
- Team Player - Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and to assist others as needed.
- Flexibility - Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Willingness and ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Fresh Food Experience - Experience in a fresh food enviroment (Bakery, Butchers, Deli etc) not essential but highly favourable
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.