Secretariat Policy Officer
• Full time $108,800–$135,000 p.a. plus 10% superannuation
• Two year contract (negotiable)
• Work from home (Australia-wide)
- an organised self-starter who can coordinate and manage committees and initiatives and track and monitor decisions and actions through to their conclusion?
- an exceptional communicator who can provide sound advice and recommendations on complex matters?
- a collaborator who can work with diverse teams and stakeholders to ensure that deliverables are high quality, timely and impactful?
- looking to join a new team of dedicated professionals all passionate about improving education outcomes using evidence?
The Australian Education Research Organisation (AERO) is Australia’s national education evidence body. AERO is working towards excellent and equitable outcomes for all children and young people by generating and making high-quality evidence accessible, and enhancing the use of evidence in Australian education.
AERO is a not-for-profit company owned by education ministers and operating under the governance of an independent Board. For more information about AERO, please see https://edresearch.edu.au.
About the role
The Secretariat Policy Officer manages and coordinates a range of committees and initiatives to contribute to the delivery of AERO’s Research Agenda and Work Plan. We are looking for someone who has:
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience delivering high-quality advice and products under tight timelines and competing priorities
- A high level of organisational skills and attention to detail including a meticulous approach to logging and reporting on tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Prior experience providing secretariat support for committees
- Knowledge or experience with human research ethics approval processes
- Knowledge of the Australian education sector, including key stakeholders, policies and frameworks
How to apply?
If you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident living in Australia and believe you meet the requirements of the roles, we'd love to hear from you by 27 October 2021.
Please apply with a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in and suitability for the role. Please describe the nature of the research you have previously worked on in your cover letter (e.g. projects, methodologies, deliverables etc.).
Please also detail which of the above projects you are suitably qualified to lead.
AERO particularly welcomes applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
The role is responsible for delivering high quality governance processes in tight timeframes.
- Prepare and convene meetings of committees, ensure compliance with governance, ethical and quality requirements, and implement, monitor and report on outcomes.
- Research and prepare strategic advice, information and reports on diverse and complex policy, planning and operational matters to facilitate informed decision-making and planning.
- Provide issues management and support, responding to emerging issues to ensure effective resolution with minimal risk to the organisation.
- Prepare agendas and papers, minutes and action logs, and track and monitor decisions and actions through to their conclusion.
- Maintain high-level knowledge and understanding of AERO activities and dependencies, and provide advice on governance matters to committee chairs and senior managers.
- Work collaboratively and engage with AERO staff and other key stakeholders to identify and address issues arising from committee decisions or processes.
- Prepare advice and recommendations that conveys complex concepts and information in an appropriate format and manner and manage the provision of high-level communications and correspondence including briefings, reports, submissions and notes to ensure the coherence, accuracy and timeliness of written information.
- Undertake research and analysis to inform, highlight and recommend improved business approach or strategies, including the preparation of correspondence and presentation.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.