We are committed to working together for a thriving community. We do this by delivering over 130 services to our rapidly growing population and working hard to protect and improve what it is that makes Greater Geelong such a great place to live.
We’re going through an exciting period of change that will help us serve our community better. From digital modernisation to the contemporary office we’re building in Central Geelong, now more than ever is a great time to join our diverse and inclusive team.
Tourism Greater Geelong and The Bellarine Inc. is the regional tourism organisation spanning from Werribee to Armstrong Creek including Geelong, The Bellarine, Queenscliff and the Moorabool Valley. It represents over 800 member businesses who service the local visitor economy. Working with our municipal partners, the City of Greater Geelong, Borough of Queenscliffe, and Golden Plains Shire through a tourism partnership, we strive towards the common goal for Geelong and The Bellarine to be a world-class, inclusive destination that inspires visitors to create memories and depart with a desire to return.
About the Role
Guardian of TGGB’s corporate communication channels and delivering on our mission by providing valued, targeted and engaging content for members and the broader community of our organisation so they have the knowledge, tools and capability to rebuild and enjoy a resilient visitor economy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the content and moderation of all stakeholder-facing communication channels including the TGGB corporate website, social media platforms (Facebook and LinkedIn) and Electronic Direct Mail (EDM) series.
- Manage the research, development, implementation and evaluation of digital programs to increase the online presence of Tourism Greater Geelong and The Bellarine and effectiveness of existing and prospective member engagement.
- Manage the development of the content management strategies to ensure that content is always at the forefront of digital delivery and add value to our industry and community stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development and review of TGGB branded publications including the Annual Report, Member Opportunity Guide, Annual Action Plan and Brand Guidelines.
- Provide the broader TGGB team with member content and communication strategy support to ensure effective, engaging and consistent messaging.
- Provide strategic advice and resource assistance in delivery of tourism projects focused on strengthening industry capability and destination development.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communication, marketing, tourism or digital fields and previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of the role of TGGB and the tourism industry in general.
- Demonstrated excellent internal and external communication skills.
- Sound technical skills including content management systems, customer relationship management, email platforms, and Adobe suite of programs as well as competence in delivering and moderating content on social platforms including Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Previous experience in corporate communication strategy development and project management, including monitoring and reporting on results.
- Covid19 vaccinations required for this role
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of:
- flexible work arrangements
- paid parental leave (14 weeks)
- a healthy and safe environment
- our employee wellbeing program
- discounted memberships at Swim Sport and Leisure facilities
- career development opportunities.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the Position Description link to view more information about this position. Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria as listed in the position description in a separate document and upload as part of their application.
Applications close 11:55pm Tuesday 26 October 2021.
Enquiries: Brendan Sanders | firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the Apply button to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
City of Greater Geelong values equal opportunity, fairness and enjoys a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, and people of all other cultural backgrounds.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.