Family Development Worker
BRIGHTER FUTURES Far North Coast CONC
Family Development Worker located at Pottsville/Mullumbimby
38 hours a week - SCHADS Level 4.4
Mid Richmond Neighbourhood Centre (Administrative body for the Brighter Futures Program Far North Coast) is a strong community-based organisation and a leader in the provision of services and programs responsive to identified community needs to the areas of the Richmond Valley and surrounding rural locations.
About the role:
The Brighter Futures (CONC) program provides targeted support to vulnerable families with children aged 0-12 years to prevent them from escalating into the statutory child-protection system.
We are looking for a caseworker who is conscientious, reliable and motivated about making a difference. As a caseworker you will be working with a team of exceptional professionals who practice within an evidenced-based framework.
This position is based in the Pottsville and Mullumbimby Neighbourhood Centres and will work across our Local Government Areas – Tweed Heads, Murwillumbah and surrounding areas of the far north coast of NSW
All staff at Brighter Futures work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field. Brighter Futures (CONC) provides regular supervision, support and training for all staff.
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science/ or related fields or extensive case management experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in working with vulnerable families experiencing stressors, including domestic violence, child protection issues, parent drug and alcohol misuse, parenting skills, child behaviour management, learning difficulties, parental mental health and social isolation.
- A working understanding of family support, early intervention, family preservation and child protection models of work with children and families
- Experience in assessment-based tools
- Ability to engage families at point of unexpected initial contact
- Experience working alongside CALD and Aboriginal families
- Current NSW or National driver’s licence.
Please submit your application ensuring you have addressed the Essential criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure that your application progresses please include your current Resume, together with a cover letter and address the selection criteria above.
Applications close Friday 5th of November 2021
NOTE: YOU MUST ADDRESS ALL ESSENTIAL CRITERIA to be considered for the position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have in a training & development role?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.