Women's Shelter After Hours Support Worker Domestic and Family Violence
Ruth’s Women's Shelter Cairns
After Hours Support Worker
Ruth’s Women’s Shelter is a not for profit organisation and local charity, supporting women and children affected by domestic and family violence, ensuring optimum safety, guidance and support. We are looking for a motivated and compassionate After Hours Support Worker who shares our mission and values. If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to apply for this position.
About the Position
To support women and children in our shelter during the evenings on a fixed roster.
The After Hours Support Worker will:
- provide advice and assistance to women and children at the shelter
- advocate on behalf of shelter residents
- assist women and children in crisis
- carry out manual work such as cleaning, moving luggage, making beds
- be aware of health and safety issues and carry out routine checks of the shelter
- sleepover at the shelter during night shifts
17.5 hours per week as follows:
5pm to 7am (sleepover shift) with allowances and penalties
Paid at award level 1 of the Crisis Accommodation Employee Scale on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
What we are seeking from you?
- Experience in working in the crisis accommodation sector
- A strong working ethos and demonstrate an ability to work within a framework of values
- Be able to demonstrate an empathetic and compassionate approach to working with people with complex backgrounds.
- Sound cultural awareness.
- Experience in a support worker type role
- Flexibility to work additional hours if required
- A cert III or equivalent qualification in community services or similar
- Experience in working in the Not For Profit sector.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Excellent organizational, time management and administrative skills
- WHS - knowledge of work health safety obligations and to practice these in the workplace
- Willingness to uphold the ethos and mission of the Ruth’s Women’s Shelter
- Blue Card
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.