We are currently seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, customer focussed Assistant Accountant to join our team. Based in Smithfield, and reporting to the Assistant Financial Accountant, you will play a key role in ensuring the accounts function for Konecranes and Demag in the Pacific region runs efficiently at all times and remains compliant with Regional/ Group objectives.
Your day to day duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Month end closing activities including journals for accruals and provisions.
- Posting month end standing and payroll related journals for New Zealand and preparation of corresponding GL reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly intercompany recharge invoices
- Management of the fixed assets ensuring they have been processed correctly.
- Lodgement and payment of New Zealand Inland Revenue statutory obligations such as GST, FBT, PAYE, Superannuation
- Manage New Zealand book including balance sheets schedule
- Prepare recurring payment / direct debit list on quarterly basis
- Back up of Account co-ordinator AP processes (VIM)
- Handle ESSP payments quarterly
- Assist AFC with month end closing process and GL reconciliations
- Assist AFC on audits requests, income tax returns and other external compliance
- Participate in ad hoc requests from time to time as assigned by AFC
In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following skills, competencies and experience:
- Must have at least 3-5 years' experience in an Assistant Accountant role or similar
- Must have experience working in a commercial environment
- Tertiary level qualifications in a relevant discipline, e.g. Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Commerce (can be studying towards CA/CPA).
- Experience in SAP, Oracle is strongly desirable
- Excel skills must be intermediate to advanced level
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A view for long term stability with a can do attitude
Make no mistake, this is a busy role that relies on your ability to build strong internal and external relationships, to understand what needs to be done and do what it takes to deliver!
If this sounds like you and you want to know more, Apply Now
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.