Community Connect Worker
- Be a source of information and provide advice to individuals and communities about the services and programs available to them. Fixed term, full time role based in Monto QLD.
- Some of the perks of working for LiveBetter? Rewards, recognition and well-being initiatives including fitness passport. Additional purchase leave + career pathway opportunities.
- We are for people, not for profit! Be part of making an impact in your local community!
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset and offer:
- Investment in staff training & development with opportunities for diverse career paths
- A flexible & family friendly workplace
- The opportunity to take advantage of great salary packaging benefits
For further info about us and to see for yourself the great things that we do, you can visit:
About the Role
The primary objective of this position is to facilitate community development activities, advocacy and collective solutions to address issues, needs and problems associated with domestic and family violence, recreational, health, housing, employment and other welfare matters within the community. This role acts as a source of information and advice to individuals and communities about the service and programs available to them to promote resilience.
Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Facilitate and foster the provision of information, advice, advocacy, support work and referrals accurately and aligned with best practice, ensuring legislative and regulatory processes are explained.
- Provider high quality services within LiveBetter’s philosophies, policies, service agreements and funding allocations and guidelines.
- Proactively build and maintain positive and professional relationships with customers and service providers through collaboration, participation, respect that supports confidentiality and cultural sensitivity.
- Plan, develop and deliver a range of community programs and services to facilitate development initiatives and solutions.
- Enhance networks via appropriate methods of engagement within the community encouraging participation, education, awareness and understanding of social issues.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with community members, customers, families, carers, external service providers, stakeholders and internally with managers and other staff members, whilst ensuring best possible organisational outcomes and maintaining a positive working environment.
- Conduct risk assessments for program development, off-site activities and support.
What we need from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Knowledge of a large range of regional and remote community services, including understanding of issues and barriers facing remote and rural communities.
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions, assess and develop support programs based on individual and community needs, and connect or provide referral pathways to other support services.
- Excellent communication skills capable of reaching a diverse audience, building rapport whilst being sensitive to individual needs, as well as ability write a case notes and reports.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to navigate and utilise a variety of community and government service portals, as well as use LiveBetter internal software packages.
- Current Australian Driver Licence.
- Certificate or Diploma level qualification in Community Services or similar.
- Certification in ‘accidental counselling’ would be an advantage in this role.
- Previous experience within regional, remote or rural communities.
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal Check, pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening) and obtain a QLD Blue Card and NDIS Worker Screening Clearance.
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up-to-date copy of your resume.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Closing date: 11:59pm, Wednesday 27th October 2021
Enquiries: Bobby-Leigh Redgard – Community Services Coordinator: 0488 901 690
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.