TerraCom Limited is an ASX listed mid-tier resource company with operating mines in Australia and South Africa, along with several exciting green & brownfield development projects within those regions and emerging projects in Africa. Our strategy is to build a global portfolio of operations.
TerraCom own and operate the Blair Athol Coal Mine, located near Clermont, Central Queensland. This open cut thermal coal operation consists of a full suite of mining activities inclusive of dragline, truck and excavator, dozer push, mine site rehabilitation, coal processing, coal crushing, product haulage and train load out activities. Our current clean coal production output is 2.2Mtpa with a mine life in excess of 10 years.
The Blair Athol Coal mine is located 24km north-west of the family friendly township of Clermont in Central Queensland, 120 km north-west of Emerald and 275km south-west of Mackay.
TerraCom support our people to grow, learn and develop their skills to reach their potential. We offer an exciting working environment, with career progression opportunities, as we truly believe that the capability of our people is key to our success. Blair Athol Mine believes in fostering and nurturing each of our team members by providing them with a safe and enjoyable place to work, along with guidance and support from a leader they can rely upon. Come and play a key role in shaping our future!
At TerraCom, we offer an opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated Storeperson Trainee to join our site team at the Blair Athol Mine in a Monday – Friday role. We are looking for hands-on, motivated and focused worker who is willing to learn and start their career in warehousing in the mining industry. As a Trainee Storeperson you will be part of a small Warehouse Team at the Blair Athol Mine in a Monday to Friday role and be willing to complete a Certificate III in Supply Chain Logistics.
As Trainee Storeperson, the key responsibilities of this hands on role are:-
- Attend to needs of warehouse users and issue stock
- Assist to maintain warehouse and its contents
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Check and receipt deliveries against orders and put away stock received
- Operate a forklift to unload inbound and outbound freight
- Product labelling and identification
- Assist with inventory checks and stocktakes
- Use relevant stock management software (Pronto)
Qualifications & experience
- Ability to work safely as part of a team and follow instructions
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Commitment to both on and off the job training
- Self-motivated and good work ethic
- Computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Current driver’s licence
- Forklift licence – advantageous
- Coal Board Medical & Standard 11 Statement of Attainment desirable
- Working for a growing mine that offers exposure to all areas of its operations
- Permanent full time, Monday to Friday role - Clermont based
- An attractive remuneration package in line with experience
Note we thank all applicants for their interest, however any communications will be with short listed candidates only. No agency applications accepted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.