Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About the role
AMP Bank operates predominantly a business-to-business sales and marketing model. Our main customers are our distributors, such as brokers and planners.
AMP Bank’s purpose is to build a banking offering which leverages the strengths of AMP:
Providing banking services as an integral part of a total financial services relationship to deepen the loyalty of AMP customers
- Delivered with operational excellence and supported by market best practice processing capabilities
- Diversifying total earnings through broader customer relationships to enhance shareholder value
- Accountability of personal balanced scorecard results: Achievement of agreed activity plan (Residential lending and Deposit products).
- Proactively manage sales volumes
- Develop new business opportunities via brokers and planners.
- Effective functional working relationships in place within the AMP sales channels and internal AMP Banking departments and representatives.
- To participate as an effective team member to ensure it is seen as an extraordinary unit of AMP Bank.
- To work effectively within AMP’s shared values and behaviors
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Liaise/work with BDM’s, Area Manager, Head of Sales and Service - Distribution, CS & CV on sales and operational matters.
- Work with State Sales Manager as required on projects for business development, retention, recognition and reward.
- Act as a conduit with internal AMP/AMP Banking departments as appropriate to achieve resolution of any issues or develop better methods or business practices.
- Analyse results of sales by all brokers to ensure growth strategies are current & effective.
- Participate in and present at state based Professional Development Days or conferences, workshops, and accreditation sessions.
Capabilities & Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience dealing in a business to business environment
- Previous experience in a retail banking environment
- Working understanding of Retail lending operational processes
- Evidence of adaptation to a rapidly changing environment
- A well developed and extensive network within the broker market – with lenders, aggregators and brokers
- Knowledge of the financial market and competitive products especially within the Mortgage Origination market.
- A well developed and extensive network within the broker market – both with lenders and brokers
- In depth knowledge of residential lending products, legislation and compliance.
- Knowledge of residential lending policy and procedures and how to structure a deal
- Proven track record in effectively resolving difficult or complex customer expectations
- Proven performance against sales targets
- There is no pre-requisite for any formal qualifications however a degree or post graduate degree in a related field would be well regarded
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.