Events Venue Manager - Guildhall North Fremantle
Guildhall, an exceptional heritage-listed private event space in the heart of North Fremantle, is seeking a full-time Venue Manager to take the helm. As the face of the venue you will be host to significant celebrations from sumptuous feasts, refined gatherings, and beautiful weddings where no two events are the same!
Working closely with our Events and Brand Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of operations from event preparation to set-up and coordinating the event, through to bump outs. You will build, mentor and lead a team of bar and wait staff to seamlessly execute events. With responsibility for venue presentation, you will have a keen eye for detail. You will have the opportunity to work with Perth’s best wedding suppliers (a very social bunch!) and build lasting relationships. Naturally hospitable, your warmth and customer focus will ensure our clients' celebrations are special and memorable.
Well-honed bar skills and sound beverage knowledge will be required to oversee day-to-day operations of the bar from curating the beverage list, ordering, stock control, margin and cost management. As a "small bar" we also host our own bar open events throughout the year so there is an opportunity to get creative!
- Prior hospitality experience a must for this role, as is experience in coordinating functions
- Excellent bar operations and beverage knowledge
- Sound knowledge of financials
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills
- Approved Manager certification and Covid 19 Hygiene certificate required
- Deputy rostering experience (preferred)
- A proactive problem solver with the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to collaborate
- Thrive on variety
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Weekend availability
Guildhall is part of a family-owned diverse hospitality group, Bread + Circuses, (Guildhall, Propeller, Mrs Brown, Flipside, Alberts, St Brigid, and Mechanics' Institute) so although part of a small friendly team you will be able to draw on the experience and knowledge of a large one. There are opportunities to be involved in other businesses if you have the skills and desire.
Please send your resume through with a covering letter convincing us you are the one! We look forward to hearing from you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Do you have a current Western Australian approved managers liquor licence?
- Have you completed any of the following Australian Hotels Association (WA) Hospitality & Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene certificates?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.