Permanent full time position
Starting salary $89,934 plus superannuation
Gippsland Water takes pride in its place in the Gippsland community. We are a quality essential service and support the health, safety and wellbeing of our community and staff. We are one of the critical stakeholders in the region, working towards a prosperous Gippsland.
We are growing, innovative and committed to ensuring that Gippsland Water remains a great place to work. We do this by:
- Offering a flexible and stimulating workplace and investing in our people to enable us to adapt to the changing needs of our region.
- Building the capability and culture of our people into a more highly skilled, professional, customer focused and efficient organisation.
We also provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Gippsland Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
We currently have an opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join the Financial Services team. In this role you will provide high quality financial services to Gippsland Water and its stakeholders and work closely with your team to ensure our key financial reporting objectives are met in an accurate and timely manner.
You will use your expertise and strong analytical skills to perform variance analysis on periodic reporting and to assess our business activities against the relevant accounting standards. You will also assist with the preparation of the annual accounts and update key processes and documents.
Additionally, our organisation is embarking on adopting technology in automation, therefore this is an opportunity to challenge yourself and enjoy the benefits of a great culture and focus on continuous improvement activities in accounting processes and using up to date technology. If you have experience in the application of Robotic Process Automation and Artificial Intelligence this would be a great opportunity to join our team.
What you’ll bring
- A tertiary qualification in an appropriate accounting discipline together with a minimum three years’ experience in financial accounting
- Working knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards, Financial Reporting and Taxation Legislation with particular focus on Fixed Assets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and problem-solving skills including a focus on continuous improvement in accounting processes
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing a small team
- Ability to liaise and work with a wide range of stakeholders to collaboratively facilitate and deliver financial outcomes
We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations and accrued days off. We understand that Gippsland Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
How to apply
For specific enquiries relating to this position, please contact Ricky Howard, Financial Accounting Lead on 0459 299 121.
Applications close at 5 pm on Wednesday 3 November 2021.
Before applying for the position applicants should read the position description and included selection criteria. All applicants need to provide a statement addressing all selection criteria along with a copy of your current resume to be considered for this position.
Please note that if you do not fully address the selection criteria you may be excluded from being shortlisted for further progression in the recruitment process.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and a National Police Check.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.