PMB Defence is a world leading manufacturer of submarine battery systems, which started delivering and supporting the main storage batteries for Australia’s Collins Class Submarines in 1989. PMB Defence will continue to support Collins Class Submarines well into 2040s under Life Of Type Extension (LOTE). PMB Defence has now grown its business by winning various local and international contracts (supplying both traditional as well as new technology submarine battery systems) to Canada, the United Kingdom, Sweden and other international customers.
About the role
This position is available for a twelve month fixed term parental leave contract. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, key responsibilities will include:
- End to end accounts payable responsibilities, including receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices;
- Managing the petty cash float and ensuring all petty cash expenditure is coded and entered correctly;
- Accurately entering time sheets for staff into the payroll system, ensuring correct coding;
- Reconciling company credit card statements and following up outstanding statements and tax invoices from managers and card holders;
- Providing back up to reception and other ad hoc administration tasks.
Skills and Experience
We are seeking candidates with previous experience in a similar role with end to end accounts payable experience. Exposure to working with an integrated ERP system in a manufacturing or defence environment is desirable. The successful candidate will have excellent time management skills and the capability to prioritise competing demands, ensuring excellent attention to detail. The ability to work in a fast paced environment is essential, as are high level communication skills, initiative a strong team focus.
This position will be required to:
- Obtain a current police clearance
- Successfully pass a pre-employment medical and Drug & Alcohol screen
- Undertake six monthly lead in blood testing
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your motivation to apply and suitability for the role. For confidential enquiries and a detailed job and person description, please contact Lucy Dinnison-Mitchell – HR Advisor at email@example.com. For more information on PMB Defence, please visit www.pmbdefence.com.au
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.