Casual Office Assistant and Animal Attendant
Located in Glen Iris, we are a small veterinary clinic who requires a motivated, friendly person to join our team.
With a loyal and regular client group, this position is suited to someone who posses excellent administration skills and who loves animals.
The role would involve:
- greeting clients
- making appointments (via phone/ in person)
- answering phone/assisting with phone queries
- generating invoices and processing payments
- preparing prescriptions (under supervision)
- office duties (including mail, filing, data entry)
- handling small animals (mainly dogs and cats)
- cleaning kennels
- preparing consulting room for consults (restocking/sweeping/wiping benches etc)
- ordering/processing stock
As you would be joining a small team, duties may extend further than the list above, therefore we need someone who:
- has a good work ethic and 'can-do' attitude
- has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- is a team player
- can objectively discuss pet euthanasia with clients
- is trustworthy
- owns a pet
- is friendly/ can have a chat with clients
- lives within easy driving distance and has car
Our clinic runs consulting sessions Monday - Friday 8.30am-12pm; 3.30pm-7pm and Saturday 8.30am-12pm. You would be joining an existing roster and would need to be available during this time.
This role is for approx 15 - 20 hours per week.
NB. This role does not suit someone possessing a Certificate of Veterinary Nursing, as this is more an administrative than nursing role.
All inquires should be directed to Lauren McMaster via email. Please refrain from phoning the practice as we require this line for client queries. Please note that applications should be made via Seek ONLY.
Applications close COB Friday 29th October.
Please apply via Seek and complete the short questionnaire. Please include cover letter and CV in your application. Your cover letter should include an interesting story about your pet and why part time is right for you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.