- Casual positions based at Healesville Sanctuary rostered Monday to Sunday
- Role commencing early December 2021
- Must be available throughout school holidays and able to work weekends and public holidays
- $29.39 per hour upon commencement, increasing to $36.21 per hour when competency achieved
Healesville Sanctuary requires energetic, adaptable, and inspiring engagement Extraordinaires to deliver a range of face-to-face (F2F) encounters. Versatility is a must as you will be required to deliver a wide range of F2F experiences such as roving visitor engagement, animal encounters, activity based quarterly activations and site-specific experiences such as our Australian Wildlife Health Centre. Face-to-face engagement with our visitors, from adults to kids, is the key component of this role as you connect our visitors with wildlife and wild places.
As one of our key F2F team members you will also be engaging our visitors with raising the profile of our Fighting Extinction 27 species, telling their stories, and helping our visitors fall in love with them. If you love engaging with people, have experience in a zoo or cultural organisation, and are passionate about real conservation action, then this may be the role for you.
The role requires team players with exceptional F2F visitor engagement skills, excellent communication, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Flexibility and the ability to work public holidays, school holidays and weekends are essential.
- All shortlisted applicants must be willing to attend online interviews if needed.
- All successful applicants must have a current Working with Children's check prior to commencment.
- In line with current Public Health directions and Zoos Victoria's status as an authorised employer, applicants will be asked to confirm and evidence their COVID-19 vaccination status. All staff are required to be fully vaccinated.
For more information on this role, please refer to the position description attachedon the Zoos Victoria careers page by visiting https://www.zoo.org.au/about-us/careers
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume
For more information on this role, please contact Helen Jones email@example.com
Applications close 27th October 2021
Zoos Victoria welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, Zoos Victoria will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability, illness or injury. If you require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your preferred method of communication (i.e. email, phone, text, National Relay Service) so we can meet your accessibility needs.
- Are you a citizen of Australia / NZ?
- If no, are you authorised to work in Australia / NZ?
- Country of Birth
- Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Are you of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent?
- Do you have disability, illness or injury?
- If yes, please list/describe if you require any adjustments to the recruitment and selection process that will enable you to participate equitably and/or your preferred method of communication
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.