Community Care Advisors - up to 11 FTE positions
Neighbourhood Houses are seeking highly skilled professionals to implement a new and innovative model for individual, family and community support in Tasmania.
Up to 11 full-time equivalent positions are to be based in local regions across Tasmania - south, north and north-west. The successful applicants will be working with clusters of Neighbourhood Houses to respond to individual and community issues.
Community Care Advisors will work in partnership with existing community, family and individual supports in a sustainable manner.
About the role
To provide support to vulnerable individuals and families with challenging and complex needs using partnerships, strengths-based and community/client-centred approaches, within group settings or on an individual basis. The role will require the Community Care Advisors to work within an action learning research approach and in a community of practice environment, and to provide referral to appropriate services when required.
About the organisation
Neighbourhood Houses (Houses) are an integrated network of Houses based in 35 individual communities that offer accessible, locally driven programs in response to community needs thereby providing a soft-entry point to community and service systems. This network forms the largest community development infrastructure in Tasmania with the most regionally diverse footprint of any non-government service network in the state.
Requirements of the role
- A relevant qualification in Social Work, Community Services or related field at minimum of Diploma level is required, or equivalent experience
- Coordinating community activities
- Establishing and maintaining community partnerships
- Managing and coordinating community events and activities
- Counselling and Case Management experience
- Understanding of the action learning research approach
- Critical reflection and self-awareness
- High level communication and negotiation skills
- Current Australian Police Check
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Current Tasmanian driver’s licence.
Terms of employment are governed by the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Award Level 4 – 5 ($64,684 – $77,348 + superannuation).
An information pack including position description is available from Neighbourhood Houses Tasmania via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written applications (resume and covering letter) should demonstrate that your capabilities fulfill the requirements of the role.
All applications must be received at email@example.com by close of business on Monday November 1 2021.
Reference checks will be required if applicant achieves an interview.
Aboriginal people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please see www.nht.org.au for more information about what we do.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.