Are you an experienced Customer Service professional looking to join a global ASX listed blue chip organization and take the next step in your career?
As part of the Customer Support team, your role will be to handle all enquiries from customers, CHEP field staff and providers covering Logistics, movement transactions, invoices, systems queries and activities, new accounts and general support. This role is based at our Lidcombe Office and reports directly to the Customer Service Team Leader.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Handles all inbound & outbound communications (phone/email/Load Notes) from Internal and External Customers
- Provide first call resolution for Customer service and Logistics inquiries
- Focuses on the customer to understand their needs and pain points and adjusts the communication method accordingly
- Accurately and efficiently enters and maintains data in systems including corrections, new account details, system setups and any others deemed necessary
- Action all same day deliveries and/or cancellations within agreed timelines
- Actively works to understand CHEP’s business functions, systems and products in relation to be able to provide a one-stop shop for inbound calls
- Understands all systems used by CHEP Australia and the use of data within those systems
- Helps to identify and contribute to performance improvement activities, to ensure continuous development
- Resolve operational day-to-day issues for CHEP logistics movements with CHEP Logistics Carrier within agreed timelines via phone or email communication within agreed time parameters
- Communicate with customers in relation to their transport requests and notify of any delays to deliveries within agreed timelines via phone or email communication within agreed time parameters
- Problem solve any Customer Account or Logistics related issues with the ability to identify and communicate the root cause.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in a busy customer service role within a contact centre
- Sound knowledge in Logistics functions and preferred understanding of the chain of responsibility
- Experience in quickly and efficiently solving customer issues
- A can-do positive attitude with an empathetic nature
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Some knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills with an aptitude to build strong working relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong attention to detail, with systematic and timely follow-through
- The ability to handle multiple tasks/projects and operate well under pressure
- Logistics experience highly regarded
About CHEP, A Brambles Company
CHEP is a global leader in supply chain logistics employing more than 14,000 people in 60+ countries. More than 300,000 supply chains choose to utilize CHEP products and solutions to optimize efficiencies and eliminate waste throughout the world. CHEP’s “share and reuse” core business offering pioneered the shared and circular economies more than 50 years ago. Today, the company provides consultative solutions surrounding the efficient and sustainable movement of goods—and manages a global pool of 300 million pallets and containers shared and reused by growers, raw material suppliers, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers to produce, warehouse, transport and merchandise consumer and industrial goods.
CHEP Australia offers a range of employee benefits including a competitive salary, bonus opportunities, a supportive learning and development culture and a wide range of opportunities to assist you in achieving your career aspirations. CHEP Australia, as part of Brambles, provides you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career and is large enough to take you anywhere and small enough to make sure you get there. With a focus on career pyramids instead of ladders, we move our people up and across functions and companies to deepen their transferable skills and acquire broader business experience. Other benefits of CHEP include:
Flexible working environment
- Paid leave for those who wish to volunteer their services to a community organisation – 3 days per annum
- Reward and Recognition Program to celebrate outstanding achievements of our people Employee discounts with a range of partners
- Up to 14 weeks of paid parental leave for primary care givers and 1 week of paid parental leave for secondary care givers
- Unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career
- Attractive options to purchase Brambles shares
- Our team boasts a friendly and fun culture that celebrates successes, with award winning engagement and enablement, and results achieved through collective intelligence, collaboration and teamwork.
With a highly inclusive workplace, CHEP Australia celebrates the rich diversity of thought, backgrounds, style and working arrangements of our people to ensure that we reflect the communities and customers that we serve.
Join our team to be part of an international growth company with a sustainable business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll optimize 300,000 supply chains instead of just one. You’ll join an efficient and collaborative team who punches above its weight. You’ll be working for the good of humanity.
Interested? To apply please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Please include a covering letter with your resume outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience address the above criteria.
Agencies please note: recruitment for this position is being managed directly by CHEP Australia. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners in the rare instance we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.
In order for your application to be considered, you will require full working rights in Australia. We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.