Position Title: Administration Officer (Targeted Position)
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours per week: 38
Position Grade: Administration Officer Level 2
Salary: $56,937.26 - $58,939.35 per annum
Enterprise Agreement: The Named NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations' Health Employees Agreement 2019
Department Name: Mental Health
A vacancy exists in the above unit for a highly motivated administrative officer within the O'Brien Centre with appropriate knowledge and skills to join our friendly and supportive team. Our progressive and innovative team offers development opportunities for our staff and a caring environment for the delivery of high quality patient centred care. The successful applicant(s) will be expected to be able to deliver administrative services. The main duties include: meeting and greeting clients and other visitors, maintaining the reception area as a tidy and welcoming for clients, responding appropriately to a high volume of phone calls and emails and updating patient information management systems in accordance with the Networks Values and expectations. The Administrative Officer will also work as part of an overall administration team and assist with supporting their team members.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children's Guardian. For more information and how to apply, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian website www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check
In line with Government Sector Employment Rule 26 (GSE 26) this position is targeted to Aboriginal people to improve their general employment opportunities / outcomes. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply and where found suitable will be given higher priority. Aboriginal applicants may have to cite their Aboriginality in addition to the selection criteria. Information to assist you with your application can be found on the NSW Health Stepping Up website - www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au
About St Vincent's Health Network Sydney:
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent's is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - NSW Health Policy Directive PD2020 _017. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
In line with the Public Health Order, all NSW Health Workers are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to be eligible for consideration for employment with St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, all recruits must provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, or alternatively provide a Medical Contraindication in the approved form which complies with the requirements of the Public Health Order, prior to appointment.
What we offer:
- Generous salary packaging and Fitness Passport for eligible staff
- Opportunity to access a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Supported post graduate opportunities within applicable fields
- Careers development opportunities across the St Vincent's Health Australia Network.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life balance
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions.
When applying for the position, Applicants will be required to upload a recent Resume as well as a separate Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria for the position as outlined below. External applicants are to upload their Cover Letter alongside their Resume when reaching the 'My Experience tab >Resume/CV> Upload. For Internal applicants, this document is to be uploaded further down the page alongside your Resume under Resume/CV> Upload.
1. Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent's Health Australia.
2. Demonstrated front line customer service skills conducive with the values of St Vincent's Health Network.
3. Demonstrated computer literacy with email and an electronic clinical information system.
4. Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills (verbally by phone and in person).
5. Demonstrated effective time management and problem solving skills.
6. Demonstrated experience being able to work under pressure, without supervision and manage competing demands.
7. Demonstrated commitment to own personal and professional development.
8. Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander; be accepted as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which he/she lives, or has lived. This is a genuine occupational qualification as described under Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
An example on how to address and upload selection criteria is provided in the attachment below in order to assist you with completing your application. Please ensure you review the instructions on how to upload this document as applicants that do not address the selection criteria may have their application automatically culled.
Applications close on 27 October 2021
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.