In response to continuing demand, BMT is looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer with 2-5 years’ experience to join our team in Melbourne.
About the role
You will provide innovative design, high-end analysis, diagnostic trouble shooting and delivery of high quality and value solutions to address client problems.
In this role, you will be involved in the following:
- Lead and/or participate in project teams
- Review and audit of the design of machinery and associated structures and components
- Detailed design of machinery and associated structures and components
- Stress analysis of machines, machine components and machine structures, using various techniques including SpaceGass and finite element modelling
- Failure and fatigue analysis involving machines and structural components
- Lead and/or participate in renewable energy initiatives
- Preparation of reports, manuals, drawings and documentation
- Promotion of the capabilities of the company to clients and other BMT employees
To be considered for the role, you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years relevant experience in heavy engineering industries including energy, defence, rail, shipping and transport
- Competence in computation stress analysis using at least one of the following software packages: ANSYS, SpaceGass or SolidWorks
- Competence in AutoCAD
- Strong analytical, investigative and design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to get involved in projects in various sectors
- Current Class C open license
The following experiences are not required however, highly regarded:
- Design of new port facilities for handling of bulk commodity products.
- Port bulk materials handling equipment including ship loaders, ship unloaders, container cranes, conveying systems, transshipment systems and bulk storage systems.
- Mining equipment including conveying systems, stackers, reclaimers and bucket wheel excavators
- Design of equipment associated with other heavy engineering industries including energy, defence, rail, shipping and transport
- Working knowledge in the renewables energy technology
- Practical on-site knowledge of maintenance & operational issues
- Plant and structural compliance inspections and condition assessments
- Life extension and upgrade studies
- Mechanical design and stress analysis
- Design reviews of plant and machinery
- On site field measurement and/or strain gauging
- Local or international design codes for bulk materials handling equipment such as AS4324.1, AS1418, ISO 5049 & FEMII
- Working within a multi-site organisation
We are a leading international design, engineering, science and risk management consultancy with a reputation for engineering excellence. We're driven by a belief that things can always be better, safer, faster, and more efficient.
It is the people in our business that enable our success and we have developed a range of benefits to ensure we are a rewarding place to work. We offer genuine flexible working options, wellbeing allowance, paid parental leave, employee incentivisation schemes, learning and development opportunities, and more.
To find out more, visit www.bmt.org
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or other characteristics in accordance with governing laws.
Applications will not be accepted from Recruitment Agencies.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.