ABOUT SPORTS TRAVEL & HOSPITALITY (STH) AUSTRALIA:
Sports Travel & Hospitality (STH) is a global leader in providing premium spectator experiences through unique and innovative travel and hospitality programmes at major sporting events around the world. At STH, they put sport at the heart of everything they do to deliver a range of enhanced event experiences, that enable spectators to fully engage with sports brands and immerse themselves in the event.
With more than 20 years’ experience developing tour packages for some of the biggest sporting events in the world, Sports Travel & Hospitality (STH) Group are experts at creating custom-built sports travel and hospitality programmes that meet the needs of the most demanding sports enthusiast.
STH Australia requires a Head of Programs to manage and lead a dedicated team to deliver projects across the STH Australia portfolio of events, on time and on budget. The Head of Programs will work closely with the GM Australia and the various Heads of Department on the strategic development and ultimate delivery of the programmes to its key rights holders such as Tennis Australia.
You will be responsible for developing an intricate understanding of the travel project’s contractual landscape (tickets / travel programme/hospitality and events) and the primary point of contact for STH’s rightsholder partners on all matters relating to the projects.
You will have responsibility for contracting and negotiating Official Travel Agents and associated packages for the Australian Open Travel program as well as overseeing all domestic and international Official Travel Agent relationships.
DESRIED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant project or event management experience working on the organisation and delivery of major sporting events and / or travel programs.
- Outstanding relationship management and communication skills with the ability to form strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven ability to manage individuals and teams
- Ability to think, plan and act strategically, with a creative and innovative approach to problem solving and delivery in testing circumstances and with competing priorities
- A strong and effective leader, who leads by example and is an effective communicator, determined, positive and approachable
- Proven ability to work and deliver under pressure and timelines
- Experience using various Microsoft programs & appropriate project planning applications
- A passion for the sport, travel and events industry would be beneficial
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced events professional to join one of the global leaders in sports travel & hospitality and work on some of Australia’s biggest sporting events!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Wednesday 3rd November 2021
Please send your resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of STH Australia to manage this recruitment process.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.