Gemco Rail, a subsidiary of Engenco Limited, specialises in the manufacture of rail products and provision of maintenance services to national rail operators. The company provides wheel-sets, bogies and in-field wagon maintenance, and manufactures new and refurbished wagons, bogie component parts, rail track maintenance equipment, and customised, remote-controlled ballast car discharge gates, as well as repair, maintenance and refurbishment of locomotives.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a driven and enthusiastic individual to join our organisation as a Trades Assistant on a Casual basis based in Forrestfield, Western Australia. The primary function of this role is to provide assistance to trade staff in maintenance, manufacturing and refurbishment of associated rail rolling stock.
- Assist trade staff with maintenance and repairs to customer associated equipment on site and ‘in-field’ operations.
- Maintain cleanliness and organisation of the workshop area, depot and other equipment.
- On-going participation in activities relating to: modification programs, equipment reconditioning, fault finding and testing, derailment and mishaps.
- On-going and active participate in continuous improvements relating to production activities that enhance safety in the workplace.
- Completion of all required paperwork in a diligent, accurate and timely manner is an essential part of the duties and the incumbent’s role.
- Other duties that may be directed, that will be in accordance with their training and competence and will contribute to the on-going success and future of the Gemco Rail business and customer expectations.
- These duties will be reviewed from time to time and may be changed at the sole discretion of the Company
- Experience in assisting skilled or trade persons
- Mechanical aptitude
- High Risk Work Licence – Forklift essential; rigging, dogging and overhead crane desirable.
- Medically fit and physically capable of performing the duties described above
- Willingness to participate in work rosters (including shift work if necessary) and undertake reasonable amounts of overtime (including weekend work as required)
- High levels of interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written), with proven ability to relate well to all levels of an organisation and work as part of a team delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to understand and comply with Rail Safety and Occupational Health and Safety legislative principles and practice
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks to changing workloads
- Current Australian driver’s licence is required for the performance of duties relating to this position.
An understanding of the rail industry and in particular rolling stock maintenance and servicing requirements would be advantageous
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and provide a current police check.
We are looking to fill this role IMMEDIATELY. Please submit your application (resume and cover letter).
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
This role is only open to Australian residents or those holding a relevant Visa giving right to live and work in Australia.
Strictly No Agencies Please
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.