Management Consultant (Manager, Senior Manager, Associate Director)
- Manager, Senior Manager or Associate Director role in a well-established and growing management consulting firm
- Full-time role (part-time considered for the right applicant) with a flexible start date
- Attractive salary package + sign on bonus negotiable (+ future equity options)
- Experience in procurement, property or public sector advisory (e.g. review, evaluation, transformation, strategy and design, governance, assurance) is desirable.
Imagine the difference you could make as part of Grosvenor’s team
Grosvenor Performance Group (www.grosvenorpg.com.au) is an employee-owned and growing management consulting firm with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane. We are a firm that genuinely cares about our staff and offers real work-life flexibility. We are proud to be Great Places to Work Certified, with our results some 20 points ahead of the average firm in our industry.
For over 25 years we have helped our private and public sector clients find fearless and practical solutions to complex problems. We help our clients achieve the necessary results in the right way - by adding real value. We are proud of our Net Promoter Score which is currently +67.
The way we treat our staff makes us stand apart from our competitors. Long before COVID, we had a workplace flexibility policy that respects individual preferences and enables people to work in different ways. During COVID, none of our employees have been made redundant, we’ve had no cuts to pay and no forced leave. Instead, we have grown our business about 20% in the last financial year.
Check out www.grosvenorpg.com.au/careers/ for more details.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior person to join our Melbourne office. We are flexible on the skills and experience, but ideally prefer candidates with complex procurement, property advisory or extensive public sector experience. As a senior person within the Melbourne office, you will win and lead consulting projects, mentor and grow less experienced team members and contribute to the operation of the business. We’re open to people that can immediately be successful in the role and people with relevant experience and transferrable skills that can grow into the role in a 6–12-month timeframe. We would prefer the role to be full time, however, will consider part time for the right candidates.
As a leader in the Melbourne office you will:
- Lead project teams, providing subject matter expertise relevant to consulting methodologies, approaches and facilitation as well as quality assurance, quality thinking and quality outcomes
- Be a senior point of contact for more junior staff to ask project related and professional development related questions
- Help grow our Melbourne business through building trusted relationships and delivering top quality outcomes for our clients
- Support the coordination of visible experts to achieve goals for reach and sales
- Support the development of relevant marketing content, including website content
- Making go / no go decisions on proposals
- Develop winning proposals
- Proactively complete business development activities
- Represent Grosvenor in accordance with GPG Brand and Beliefs
- Support the development and building of internal capabilities, including development and utilisation of knowledge content / tools / templates (industrialisation)
Candidates for our Senior Manager and Associate Director positions will have specialist subject matter knowledge and expertise in one or more areas of practice relevant to our business, and/or have existing significant leadership experience.
What we can offer
In addition to your salary, we offer a range of unique perks, some of which are outlined below. Our people are our most valuable asset and we reward them for their hard work in a range of ways:
- Wellness allowance
- Individual training allowance - tailor your career around your interests
- Flexible work options (including part time arrangement for the right candidate, WFH (not just during COVID!) and flexible hours)
- Lavish company conferences and share fairs multiple times per year, alternating between the states our offices are located in
- Minimal “work from the client site” requirements - be part of a true project/office team
- Career advancement at your pace - no requirement for a position to be vacant for you to be promoted
- If desired, grow into a more senior position with the option of equity participation
- all Grosvenor staff are covered by our corporate Life/ Permanent Disability insurance and Income Continuance insurance policy
- Community service leave
- Study leave.
Do you have the Grosvenor DNA?
Our people come from all walks of life, but everyone is the real deal, with a glass-half-full approach to life. The right candidate will have exceptional soft skills, be professional, resilient, flexible and honest, and know how to have fun.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have the following attributes:
- are a go-getter, love variety and love being consistently engaged – you cannot stand boredom
- show initiative and want to make our Melbourne consulting business your own
- passionate for passing on your knowledge to more junior staff
- keen to contribute to the leadership of our business
- have the ability to quickly build lasting, trusting relationships with our team and our clients
- have the desire and commitment for continual learning and personal development, underpinned by a willingness to reflect and admit mistakes
- have a relentless focus on quality thinking
- be inspired by challenge and variety in work and clients
- have a flexible, friendly, proactive and fun attitude
- excellent writing skills.
Being able to demonstrate the following will be of significant advantage:
- ideally 4+ years’ experience in a management consulting or senior public sector role
- experience managing staff and small teams, including on a project basis
- having some experience delivering sales and business development activities
See https://www.grosvenorpg.com.au/ for more information about our key service streams.
- Procurement: Delivering end to end complex procurement processes for government and private organisations, delivering procurement function transformation projects, contract management expertise, implementation of procurement systems
- Corporate Real Estate: Functional assessments of the property team, portfolio strategy, accommodation strategies, capital works procurement, facilities maintenance procurement
- Public Sector Advisory: Program Evaluation, Efficiency and Effectiveness Reviews, Service Delivery Design, Government Program Design and Management, Public Sector Strategy and Design
Do we sound like people you want to work with?
If Grosvenor sounds like your type of organisation, send us your resume and cover letter explaining why you believe you've got the Grosvenor DNA and credentials to be one of our new leaders.
- Applications close on 31 October 2021 but are being continually reviewed - apply ASAP!
- Got questions? No worries! Give Ashleigh a call on 0401 314 766.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.