Synapse is Australia’s leading brain injury organisation – and we’re making Australia a more supportive and understanding place to live for people experiencing brain injury.
Our people are what make us who we are, and we have built a strong, supportive culture. So, it’s incredibly important that we find the right person to join us.
Synapse provides a range of services for people who have been impacted by brain injury and disability. We promote quality of life, self-determination and choice through information, specialist supports, NDIS services, advocacy and targeted research activities.
About the Role
The National Operations Lead is a critical position responsible for overseeing the operational delivery of national opportunities and secured contracts in QLD, NSW and WA. This role will act as the central contact point between the state operational teams and the corporate functions and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Providing mentoring and coaching to State Lead positions through the implementation of Operational Plans and day to day contract delivery;
- Leading the development of products emerging from identified needs;
- Managing full project lifecycles including scoping, stakeholder involvement, standards/processes, and schedules resulting in projects delivered within agreed timeframes, scope, and budget; and
- Regular reporting of operational and project activities for internal requirements and stakeholder management;
*Please note that this role is a permanent full-time opportunity.
As the ideal candidate, you demonstrate personal alignment with Synapse’s core values. You will value a person-centered approach, positive and respectful relationships with other members of the Synapse team, you will be confident and driven to contribute to positive change within the sector and enjoy networking opportunities. You will have demonstrated excellent work ethic throughout your employment history and present yourself in a professional, friendly and engaging manner. It is also important you are able to work autonomously with the support of your team.
- You will be tertiary qualified, or have extensive experience in project management, operational leadership and/or training in the social, health or human services related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in project management techniques, tools and methodologies, covering all phases of the project life cycle with a high degree of skill using MS Project or relevant tools.
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team of professionals in the successful delivery of national projects according to schedule and quality objectives.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills in business analysis, systems design, business process design/re-engineering, specification and implementation of process design.
- Well-developed customer relations skills and extensive experience in negotiating directly with customers to determine needs and resolve differences.
Synapse can offer you:
- A warm, flexible and supportive work environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Salary Sacrificing options including mortgage/rent, utility bills, entertainment
- Flexibility to work from home and in the office
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and a Cover Letter outlining your suitability for this role by selecting "Apply for this Job".
This position will be advertised until the close of business on Friday, 29 October 2021. Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this advertisement depending on the number and quality of applications received. Therefore, we urge all suitable candidates to submit their application as early as possible.
For more information, check our website: www.synapse.org.au or connect with us on Facebook at facebook.com/synapse.org.au
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.