We are currently looking for an enthusiastic medical receptionist to join our team. Must have the ability to cover annual and sick leave as required.
The successful applicant will be a strong team player who is motivated and enjoys working in a busy environment. You will be responsible for maintaining our high standard of quality care and customer service, dealing with patients both in person and by phone as well as various administrative tasks related to patient care.
We require a great communicator with a mature, dependable and capable attitude. A very friendly, efficient, organised and adaptable nature is an absolute must.
The role is being offered as a casual position working various shifts from Monday to Friday and Saturdays once completely trained.
This is a fast paced role at the front desk of a busy medical practice and would suit a career focused, tech savvy applicant able to manage multiple tasks with confidence.
Likewise you will be a professional who has a flexible 'can do' approach and is committed to continually building your skills, whilst growing and developing your working capacity in line with the practice needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and greeting patients
- Booking patient appointments for multiple health care providers
- Organising patient paperwork and ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date
- Arrangement of follow up appointments
- Mail, billing, filing, scanning, allocating
- Making and receiving phone calls
- Typing documents with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- COVID-19 vaccination reception
The successful candidate will require:
- Experience in medical reception/administration preferred
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Reliability and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work both independently with initiative; and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Well presented
- First Aid certificate or willingness to undertake first aid training
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A warm and professional phone manner
- Ability to build rapport with patients and doctors
- Great team working skills with the ability to self direct
- Must be friendly and approachable
- Ability to work Monday to Saturday
It would be advantageous (but not essential) if your experience also included:
- Knowledge and experience using Zedmed medical software
Please note the successful applicant will be required to provide a DCSI clearance certificate.
The successful applicant will be required to provide their immunisation record including COVID-19 vaccination record upon request.
Please click APPLY or send your cover letter and resume via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many years' experience do you have as a receptionist?
- Do you have experience in administration?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.