Fixed Term Part Time
Fixed term, part-time (November 2021 to 17 April 2022)
Multiple positions available
Opportunity to support Ballarat Health Services (BHS) in the response to COVID-19
BHS is looking to employ a number of Entrance Screeners on a fixed term part-time bases. These positions may be extended subject to the advice of the Victorian Government in relation to entrance screening requirements.
As an Entrance Screener your will be required to assist with assessment and temperature screening of employees, visitors and patients entering our facilities at the Base Hospital, Queen Elizabeth campuses, COVID-19 vaccination clinic, Aged Care facilities (10) maternity outpatient unit and our Dental Clinic.
Shifts are predominantly worked between 7am and 10pm, 7 days per week with a limited number of night shifts (10.00pm to 6.00am) available. Shift lengths varied from 3 to 8 hours.
Successful applicants will best meet the following key selection criteria:
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in health care would be an advantage
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to follow protocols and contribute to their continuous improvement
- Basic infection control knowledge
- Ability to problem solve
- Basic computer skills
- Privacy and confidentiality: Demonstrated understanding of the principles of privacy and confidentiality
- Customer/Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required, being proactive
- Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check & Immunisation Clearance.
All applications must be submitted on line.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a mandatory requirement for healthcare workers in Victoria, and as such, all employees at Ballarat Health Services.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependant.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Enquiries: Chrissie Stone
Ph: 0439 364 109
Applications Close: 23/10/2021
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.