VTech is the global leader in electronic learning products from infancy through toddler and preschool.
We're looking for a hands-on Assistant Accountant to join our finance team. You will be responsible for a range of activities, including reconciliations, journals, accounts payable and receivable, month end reporting, and various ad-hoc tasks and projects as required.
Your role will involve but not be restricted to the following activities:
- Accounts Payable and Receivable, including invoice processing, making payments, processing receipts and debt collection
- Month end and periodic reporting
- Preparation of journals and accruals
- Preparation of BAS/GST submissions
- Maintenance of general ledger and fixed asset register
- Staff expense reimbursements
You will also get exposure to other aspects of the business, liaising with the sales, marketing and customer service teams to assist them from a financial perspective.
- You have a degree in accounting or commerce, or are close to completing one
- Possess exceptional attention to detail
- Good communication skills and work well in a team
- The ability to prioritise and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Quick learner, willingness to learn different things and be challenged
- A strong work ethic and self motivation to be responsible for your work
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel will be highly regarded, as will prior experience using Oracle/JDE/SAP
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter in Word format along with your application.
All applicants must have the right to reside and work in Australia and be able to provide evidence of the same.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted with next steps.
We're currently working from home; some or all interviews may be conducted over Zoom, depending on prevalent government regulations.
VTech is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Last date for applications is 22nd October 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.