We are recruiting for an experienced and highly skilled Administrator to join our Mental Health Services team at the Village located in Woodbridge, WA.
The Village is a 28 bed supported accommodation service that supports people with a lived experience of mental health challenges and who require support with day to day living. Vinnies Mental Health provides the opportunity for people to rebuild their lives through a recovery based program.
For more information on these services, please visit the Vinnies WA website here.
About the Role:
As our Administrator, you will provide professional and confidential administrative support to the Mental Health Services team; your role is key to to ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our service. Reporting directly to the Manager of Mental Health Services, you will also provide administrative support to the training function.
- Part time - 3 days per week
You will be responsible for:
- Records management - document control, managing service registers and plans, recording of service statistics.
- Database management and reporting
- Management of Reception
- General administration support - service team diary coordination (scheduling meetings), agenda and minutes, event catering, office management.
You will be expected to represent Vinnies and the service in a positive and professional manner at all times. You will be the ‘go-to’ person for all things admin related!
You will be able to ‘wow’ us with your exceptional admin experience and expert computing / IT skills. You thrive in a busy work environment and have had some experience in managing or supervising a team / function.
To really succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate your empathetic and non-judgmental attitude towards people living with mental health challenges. You are passionate about your work and see this role as your opportunity to engage with and give back to your community.
You will also have:
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential information - the ability to maintain a level of privacy and confidentiality
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - proven skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; and other admin related applications and technology.
- Willingness to be flexible and undertake a range of duties.
Working at Vinnies WA and Our Application Process:
As a values driven organisation, we are focused on providing to our staff a highly supportive work environment where you are rewarded for your expertise, experience and commitment.
In addition to a competitive salary, as a not for profit, we offer our employees full salary packaging benefits. More than this, we offer you the chance to be part of an organisation that makes a positive difference in the lives of vulnerable West Australians.
To apply for this position your cover letter must address the above selection criteria and be supported by an updated version of your resume. All applications must be submitted through Seek to be considered.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be completed; these include reference checking and a National Police Clearance (NPC). Please note, the successful candidate will be required to provide their own NPC.
No agency referrals will be accepted for this position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you ever been charged or convicted or found guilty of an offence of any nature in Australia or overseas? if yes, please provide details;
- Do you have any previous or current medical condition or restriction, physical or otherwise, which may affect your ability to perform the essential requirements of the job? If yes, please provide details;
- In a few words, please explain what interests you most about this position with Vinnies?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.