Van Mal Group is a Building & Construction company that delivers an exciting variety of projects across New South Wales. We work with a diverse client base ranging from private clients wanting to build high end residential homes, through to Commercial and Civil projects for organisations like Transport NSW, Essential Energy, Sydney Water, Public Works, Land and Housing Corporation, Department of Defence. We have three office locations, Sydney head office, Coffs Harbour and the Southern Highlands, however due to COVID, the majority of our team are currently working from home or from site. This role will suit someone who is new to the Construction industry and who is studying Construction Management, Project Management or Civil Engineering. You are expected to be conscientious, hard working and with a genuine interest in how buildings are constructed, subcontractor management, and managing the construction process. Apply Now: email@example.com ***No agencies please***
Qualifications & experience
- Recent Uni Graduate or 4th year Student studying Construction Management, Project Management or Civil Engineering
- Keen to learn, listen and to contribute to the team
- Motivated to succeed, hard working
- Comfortable working from home, with daily / frequent on line collaboration via MS Teams and one on one sessions with a mentor – Working from home will most likely will become a permanent option with weekly or fortnightly visits to the office
- Keen to learn new software packages - Buildsoft Cubit, Estimate One, Cheops, MS Teams, MS Project, O365
- From time to time, willing to travel, work away from home to inspect our building sites (all within NSW)
Tasks & responsibilities
- Assist and support the project team delivering Construction projects and Tender Submissions
- Source supplier pricing
- Assess invoices and progress claims
- Develop trade packages and scopes of work
- Procurement & award subcontract packages
- Assist the Site Managers on site, inspection of the works in progress, quality checks
- This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a Global team delivering a wide variety of projects that are valued under $10million dollars
- You will gain valuable experience due to the wide variety of construction types, differing clients and working with a team spread both globally and across NSW.
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- How many years' experience do you have as a contracts administrator?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Construction Cadet?
- Do you have experience working on residential construction projects?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- How many years of estimating experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Builder?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.