We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
- 12 month contract position
- Flexible and inclusive work environment
- Exciting growth plans, both locally and internationally
Your new team
Our Member Experience group is a passionate and dedicated team who strive for innovative outcomes in new and exciting ways, striving to continually improve the multi-platform and multi-channel experiences of AustralianSuper members. Our environment enables you to seize exciting career opportunities, to feel trusted and respected, and to lead a fulfilling life with true workplace flexibility.
Your new role
Reporting to the Insurance Operations Manager, the Insurance Operations Specialist's key responsibilities will be to provide sound investigation, ownership and decision-making skills across a variety of areas including:
- the assessment and management of insurance related tasks of new business and merger opportunities as they relate to insurance operations
- the management of insurance related breaches and incidents
- manage complex insurance enquiries and escalations through management of the insurance operations inbox
- work with internal/external stakeholders to implement product, pricing and service change
- contribute to ensuring vendors are meeting the requirements under the administration contract, service agreements and business rules
- Review requests for new business opportunities and provide guidance to the bid/no bid committee on insurance operation requirements.
- At least five years' experience in an insurance role.
- At least three years' experience in superannuation administration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to proofread, spelling & English grammar skills essential.
- Well-developed sense of initiative.
- Able to work diligently, efficiently, and with accuracy paying close attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage the range of tasks required of this position.
- An excellent working knowledge of/experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which foster cooperation and teamwork in a close team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of staff and service providers.
- An ability to research matters of a technical nature.
- Knowledge of AustralianSuper Trust Deed, insurance policies and SIS Legislation.
What you will get in return
You will be working with a People Leader who values personal growth and is supportive of on-going development. Furthermore, you will have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes. We are proud to have held our WGEA certification for the past 8 years and to be recognised as one of Australia's leading workplaces for Dads.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.