About Defence Member and Family Support
Defence Member and Family Support (DMFS) offers a broad range of programs and services to help Commanders, Australian Defence Force members and their families manage the military way of life. DMFS supports Defence families' self-reliance and increases the capacity of the wider community to support the needs of Defence families.
The Directorate of Transition Coaching and Support (TCS) sits within DMFS and delivers Defence's ADF Transition programs. These programs are designed to support members and their families plan for civilian life. Participation in the transition process is mandatory for all ADF members regardless of the reason for leaving. The Defence Force Transition Program provides access to specialist advice, paid leave and training to support members and their families in their transition to civilian life.
Manpower is seeking a high performing administration coordinator to our clients Program and Information Management team at the Defence APS4 equivalent level, who is energetic and eager to assist military members to transition to civilian life.
The Administration Officer will provide general administrative and enabling services for branch outcomes to understand, respond and resolve moderately complex enquiries, seeking advice and guidance for more complex issues.
In conjunction the administration officer will be required to be a team player, plan, manage and perform corporate support and coordination activities, including data entry and management, coordinate and maintain records management.
Contribute to continuous improvement activities, including contributing new ideas and identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency of business processes, and project support functions.
In this position you will be required to provide administration, customer service and data support to the Australian Defence Force Transition Program.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain the group inbox, responding to client enquiries
- Amending and editing letter templates
- Maintain a register of enquiries and action to be taken
- Provide general advice and guidance for simple enquiries and refer more complex enquires, as appropriate
- Collate basic RPL information assessment packs and standard documentation as required
- Manage and maintain accurate records utilising the Changepoint records keeping system and in line with Defence records management policy and procedures
- Order, collate and distribute information packs as required
- Work collaboratively in a team-based environment and contribute to project based activities as appropriate
- General administrative assistance
The ideal candidate for this role would possess:
- Active Baseline clearance or the ability to reactive
- Previous experience working within Government department highly regarded
- Demonstrated strong communication, written and computer literacy skills.
- Planning and organisation skills including problem solving and data entry experience
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment which is fast paced and dynamic.
- Effective time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to utilise a range of IT systems including program management systems and learn new systems.
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, shortlisted applicants will be contacted only.
How to apply
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, please click the "Apply Now" button. Questions can also be directed to Katie at ManpowerGroup on 0419 311 865
https://www.linkedin.com/in/katie-mcauliffe-376244105/ [link removed]
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.